The Atlantic Institute was established in 2016 with the support of The Atlantic Philanthropies, and in collaboration with the Rhodes Trust, Oxford (UK).
At the Atlantic Institute, we are committed to building a lifelong community of courageous changemakers who together will accelerate the eradication of inequity and injustice resulting in fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies. Our Fellows and Staff are accomplished leaders working in diverse settings and contexts, who together think, learn, incubate and implement strategies for greater impact. The diversity of our fellows is unprecedented and we are committed to the radical inclusion of these leaders as agents of change in communities most impacted by social, economic, racial and health inequities. We provide them with the networks, architecture and resources to connect, learn and act to address the underlying systemic causes of inequity.
The Atlantic Institute is seeking an Impact Fund Lead, who will design and deliver an exceptional, non-precedent setting fund for Atlantic Fellows’ collaborative projects. Reporting into the Institute’s Development Lead, the Impact Fund Lead will require exceptional attention to detail, creativity and a commitment to equitable access to funding opportunities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Consultation with Senior Fellows and staff from the Atlantic Fellows Programs to define parameters and objectives of the fund.
- Design of application and review processes, including equitable and accessible application methods, clarity on selection criteria and application asset management.
- Working with the Institute’s Communications Lead to ensure effective promotion of the funding opportunity across the Institute’s communication networks.
- Dedicated support to Fellows requiring assistance with their applications, providing guidance to Fellows who are less familiar with grant writing.
- End-to-end administration of the fund, including co-ordination of grant letters and payments arrangements, supported by the Institute’s CRM, Salesforce.
- Working with the Institute’s Learning and Evaluation Lead to ensure monitoring of outcomes, including the capturing of compelling stories of change and brand collateral.
- Working with the Institute’s Learning and Evaluation Lead on the review and reporting on the impact of the fund, both in the Fellows’ leadership journey, and for the communities they work with.
Consistent with all roles at the Atlantic Institute, it is essential that you demonstrate a critical understanding of the diverse root causes of inequities and show a commitment (in thinking and in action) to fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies. In addition, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Effective administration skills, with a flair for developing processes in an agile and complex working environment
- Significant experience (ideally 5 years’ or more) in a grant or project management role with experience working for equity-focused organisations
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong intellectual capability with the capacity to engage with senior academics, business leaders, government officials, other leaders in a range of settings
- Discretion and attention to regulatory environment (e.g. GDPR and privacy laws)
- A bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
If you would like to apply, please follow the 'Apply now' link to our job portal and send us your curriculum vitae (no longer than three pages) plus cover letter (no longer than two pages).
The closing date for applications is Monday 2 November 2020 at 12:00 (GMT). In light of the current situation regarding COVID-19, initial interviews and subsequent on-boarding will take place virtually, by Zoom.
Subject to a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months, this is a fixed term 5 year role. Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom but we will support applicants to secure a work visa if required.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.