Auriga Services Ltd, a dynamic, fast growing public benefit entity are seeking a Senior Debt Adviser to join the team in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham offering a starting salary of £29,000. With a track record spanning 23 years, Auriga Services are mature enough to provide outstanding service through the application of extraordinary levels of skills and experience. They manage combined annual funds of over £15 million helping people alleviate their debt and realise income and benefits that make a real difference to the quality of their lives. This is achieved through the administration of charitable trust funds for water company customers, and income realisation for local authority residents and patients within the NHS. We help 1,000 people every day who are experiencing financial hardship.
We enjoy flexible and home working, a generous holiday allowance, good pension and a great working environment.
As a Senior Debt Adviser you will:
- Work with and support a wide range of people experiencing problem debt, many of whom would be classed as vulnerable. This will include helping individuals gain the skills needed to improve their financial situation and empowering them to become better money managers.
- Establish relationships based on trust to ensure you provide the necessary support and assistance to people that are experiencing vulnerable circumstances.
- Develop and manage interviews with clients using sensitive listening and questioning skills in order to allow clients to explain their problem.
- Maintain detailed case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and quality assurance.
- Have direct line management responsibility for a team of at least three Debt Advisers. This will include dealing with all aspects of people management including performance reviews, HR issues, training, coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure the Debt Advice caseworkers and trainees are developed, supervised and supported. To comply with MaPS this will be evidenced in a project plan.
- Keep up to date with legislation, case law, policies and procedures and undertake appropriate training as and when required.
- Conduct monthly file reviews of the Auriga Assist team and provide feedback to team members.
We are looking for a Senior Debt Adviser with:
- Good standard of education, including Mathematics and English.
- Previous experience of delivering debt advice or have been through a recognised development programme.
- Technical supervision qualification or willingness to attain qualification.
- The ability to deal with all enquiries promptly and proactively, resolving the situation and exercising judgement.
- Understanding of the issues effecting society which contribute to the increase in personal debt problems.
- Excellent written and spoken English and ability to communicate at all levels with particular emphasis on negotiating.
- Ability to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and co-operate in measures introduced to comply with this legislation.
This is a permanent full time contract, working 37½ hours per week with additional work as required. The Senior Debt Adviser will be joining a company of over 65 friendly staff. We are seeking exceptional people with passion, enthusiasm and ability to join and make our mission a reality. If this sounds like the role for you and you would like to join the team at Auriga Services click apply now. Please send a job relevant CV and a covering letter that explains why you would be a suitable candidate for this position and why you would like to work for Auriga Services. We’re looking for those that take the extra effort to do some research about us, and demonstrate a desire to work in a company with our values.