Are you passionate about eradicating violence against women and girls?
AVA (Against Violence and Abuse) is a leading UK charity committed to ending gender based violence and abuse. We work with survivors to champion evidence-based change. We have particular expertise around multiple disadvantage and children and young people. Our groundbreaking work includes “Complicated Matters”, the Commission report “Breaking Down the Barriers” and the online resource “Ask AVA”. All of our projects involve meaningful roles for women with lived experience. Our portfolio of activities encompasses groundbreaking project and research work, face-to-face and online learning and survivor focussed consulting and evaluation work. We take a trauma and gender informed approach to all of our work.
Responsibilities of the post include:
- To oversee the development and delivery of AVA’s policy, research and project work, ensuring high quality and relevant work is delivered to agreed timescales
- To ensure that AVA has clear messaging and presents a consistent and professional image to external stakeholders
- Ensuring that AVA has clear policy positions on relevant issues
- To lead the policy and projects team, ensuring that they develop and deliver projects that contribute towards AVA’s vision of a world without gender based violence
- To form part of the senior management team
Requirements of the post include:
- Knowledge of a wide range of Violence Against Women and Girls related issues
- Strong policy and research skills
- An ability to manage a number of projects, delivering quality work to agreed
- An understanding of strategic communications, and its role in a small non frontline charity
This is a full time post, but we would be willing to consider a four day a week contract or individuals who wish to apply together as a job share (we cannot broker job sharing arrangements). We offer a degree of flexible working.
The post will initially be home based due to Covid restrictions, although our office is Covid secure and the successful candidate must be able to attend regularly at our office in Vauxhall, South London once that resumes.
Further information, including a job description, person specification, and equal opportunities monitoring form, please download the application pack.
Closing date: 10am on Tuesday 4th May 2021
Interview date: Thursday 20th May 2021 (via Zoom)
By making an application you are stating that you are legally entitled to work in the UK.
The appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and references.
AVA is an equal opportunities employer. We particularly welcome applications from Black and Minoritised candidates who are currently underrepresented in our staff team.