Job Title: Head of Bids
Salary: c. £50,000
Location: Remote working
We are working in partnership with The Avenues Group, to appoint a Head of Bids. The Avenues Group supports people with learning disabilities, autism, acquired brain injuries and complex needs across the South of England and the West Midlands. They have a strong reputation for small scale, effective community-based services that are innovative and guided by best practice.
This new role will lead and continuously improve the work related to tenders and grant applications. The postholder will be accountable to the Group Director of Business Development for the delivery of the Group’s Business Development objectives related to bids (tenders and grants). The successful candidate will jointly, with the Group Director of Business Development and senior directorate colleagues, facilitate a culture of ambition and innovation that leads to Avenues’ strategic ambitions being realised.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive track record of securing statutory funding via tenders and grants
- Ability to develop and lead operating plans, which translate strategic planning into functional management activities
- Leadership and line management experience, with the ability to offer guidance and coaching to colleagues who may occasionally lead or be involved in tender and grant applications
- Experience designing and overseeing processes and systems to support tender and grant activities
- Extensive knowledge of current public procurement procedures and processes
- Knowledge of current thinking in modern service delivery within health and social care, including in depth understanding of the expectations of statutory partners such as local authority and NHS commissioning
We are seeking a strategic, adaptable and engaging person, able to take ownership of the role and be an ambassador for the organisation. You will be a self-starter with excellent organisational and time management skills, able to manage multiple activities simultaneously and prioritise own and other’s workloads.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role please send your CV, supporting statement and Equal Opportunities and Diversity Monitoring Form to Adam Stacey, Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment.
Quote our reference JO2821.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Closing date: 30 March 2021
Interviews: w/c 19 April 2021