We are looking for an individual with excellent networking and relationship-building skills to grow the Trust’s income to enable us to achieve our vision of restoring the abundance of wildlife throughout our area.
Head of Fundraising
Negotiable from £37,000 depending on skills and experience
This is a permanent role and open to applications on a part-time (job share) or full-time (37hrs/wk basis).
This is an exciting time to be joining the Trust as we are developing ambitious plans to invest in our future: upgrading and expanding our facilities for education, community engagement and visitors; developing new headquarters for the Trust; and looking at how we can develop our nature reserves and the facilities within them to bring even more benefits for wildlife, provide new places and experiences for people to be inspired by wildlife, and provide sustainable revenue for our work to create wildlife-rich places and wildlife-rich lives
- Lead and develop the Trust’s fundraising and income generation, developing prospect pipelines and growing income year on year from membership, major donors, legacies, corporate partnerships, grants and charitable trusts.
- Manage our engagement with our members, developing and implementing an ambitious membership growth strategy, incorporating supporter development, recruitment and retention.
- Manage marketing of the Trust’s fundraising, events, activities and services, working with our Communications Manager to effectively promote the Trust and ensure consistency of brand.
- Ensure all activity is compliant with Data Protection and Health and Safety legislation, with fundraising guidelines promoted by the Charity Commission, Institute of Fundraising and Fundraising Regulator, and with the Trust’s policies.
- Manage an integrated functional team across fundraising, membership and communications, contribute to the direction and development of the Trust and undertake other duties in line with the role as requested by the Chief Executive.
Avon Wildlife Trust is committed to enabling wildlife to survive and thrive across the region. More than 17,000 members, 3,500 volunteers and a dedicated staff team work together to make our local area wilder and make nature part of life, for everyone. We manage 30 local nature reserves and work with landowners to maintain and restore habitats for wildlife. Avon Wildlife Trust is an independent charity. We’d love you to join us.
Closing date: Friday 6 March 2020 (midday)
Successful candidates will be invited for a first interview on 12 March 2020.
Second interviews will take place on 20 March 2020.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website to download the job description and application form.
Avon Wildlife Trust has a positive approach to equality and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Charity No: 280422
No agencies please.