"It always seems impossible until it's done" - Nelson Mandela
Balobeshayi is a social enterprise on a mission to change the narrative on migration towards a more humane representation. We are aiming to bring back the people behind the word “migrant”. We do that through documentaries, training for individuals with migratory background, consultancies for the urban inclusion of migrants.
We partner with academic institutions, artists, migrant communities, to provide a positive impact on the culture around migration. Our work has influenced the young minds of people in the US, Italy and the UK.
- Build and maintain an active social media presence across our primary channel (Facebook) as well as secondary channel (Vimeo)
- Research and schedule our social media presence
- Liaise online with migrant communities
- Design the inspirational quote cards in Photoshop
- Occasionally researching and writing blog posts
There will also be many opportunities to learn about the videomaking projects, offline community liaison projects and fundraising side of our work, and get more involved if so desired.
Education / Experience / Qualifications
- Excellent writing (style and grammar), communication, and organization skills
- Experience and interest in social media. Active on primary and secondary social media channels.
- Highly self-motivated. Ability to complete tasks independently, while staying in close communication with President
- Strong interest in migration and alternative narratives on it
- Ideally knows more than one language
- Creative and open to sharing ideas
A commitment of approximately 5 hours per week – may vary from week to week. Work can be done from home.
Please send us few lines on how you think migration could be talked about differently. Attach your CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.