As our academic department develops and expands, Barnabas Fund is looking to recruit an Academic Registrar and Coordinator to administer the smooth running of our student programmes. This is an exciting opportunity to join our organisation and use your skills and abilities to provide a comprehensive learning environment, with the purpose of supporting and empowering church leaders, pastors, theologians etc. across the world who experience persecution.
Why Barnabas Fund?
As a leading international aid agency, Barnabas Fund serves the global persecuted Church by channelling practical aid to suffering Christians in over 80 countries who face oppression, discrimination and persecution. This is an opportunity to be part of an organisation that transforms the lives of our persecuted Christian family throughout the world.
What will you be doing:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of the varied learning programmes, including our PhD and Masters courses. You will handle registration duties, manage student-learning support, oversee course structure, assignment deadlines, and deal with any queries, registration issues etc. This will include developing our IT systems such as VLE and the academic website. The role will require you to provide regular and timely reports on student progression and academic records to the Director of Studies.
In addition, you will help support the Director of Studies in their duties, with liaison to the external boards and accrediting universities. The role will give you an opportunity to assist in the empowering of persecuted Christians around the world, enabling leaders, church workers, etc. to study and support their national and local churches.
What will you need:
- A good eye for detail, high standards of accuracy, along with excellent communication skills.
- You will need to be flexible, plan ahead, keep to deadlines, and ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to work efficiently and manage working time well.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by email.
- Ability to manage and support students from many different countries, cultures and denominations is fundamental to this role.
- Excellent organisational skills and proven administration experience.
- Excellent IT skills, including competency of standard word processing programmes are essential such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Databases etc.
- Experience of the Higher Education sector.
- Knowledge and experience of educational quality assurance systems.
- Working knowledge of Virtual Learning Environments.
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding and data protection.
- The capacity to hold sensitive information confidentially and maintain good professional boundaries.
- Ability to represent Barnabas Fund in a professional and calm manner.
- Graduate level education or equivalent in subjects like Business, Administration, Management and Leadership.
- Must have knowledge of biblical studies at graduate level education or equivalent.
- A good knowledge of Christian theology, current affairs, geopolitical issues and world religions would be an advantage.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
You will be working within our Academic Department from our international office in Pewsey, Wiltshire. This is an office-based role.
Any successful candidate will need to be committed to Barnabas Fund’s Christian ethos, statement of faith and aims and already have the right to work in the UK.
For further information, please take a look at the job description attached.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.