We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join Barnabas Fund as IT Support Officer at our international headquarters in Pewsey, Wiltshire. This is a vital role, which enables Barnabas Fund to act efficiently and securely, as we support Christians around the world who suffer for their faith. It is an excellent opportunity for you to join a high performing team and to further develop your skills and knowledge in ICT.
Why Barnabas Fund?
As a world-renowned international aid agency, Barnabas Fund serves the global persecuted Church by channelling practical aid to suffering Christians in over 80 countries who face oppression, discrimination and persecution. This is an opportunity to be part of an organisation that transforms lives for our persecuted Christian family throughout the world.
What will you be doing:
The successful candidate will be responsible for 1st and 2nd line IT support over several countries. You will deliver IT support by installing, monitoring and maintaining equipment and services relating to servers, backups and associated network/telecommunications infrastructure. In this varied role, you will introduce and adapt new software for the purposes of the organisation. This involves developing effective working relationships with external services, and monitoring the performance of current and new software.
The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys collaborating with colleagues in a team, alongside handling their own workload and taking ownership of Barnabas Fund’s IT development. This will also involve seeking ways to develop our IT infrastructure under management direction. You will get satisfaction from performing detailed tasks with precision, but also like the stimulus of new challenges and changing situations. This is a role for someone who has a passion to provide high-quality support to all staff in all areas of IT to raise awareness of the global persecuted church.
What you will need:
- Previous 1st and 2nd line IT support experience
- Working knowledge of helpdesk software and procedures
- Good knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware and software
- An eye for detail, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet short-term and long-term deadlines.
- Be both motivated and able to work effectively as a team member and independently.
- Database and reporting for SQL, and specifically for crystal reports
- An IT qualification e.g. Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Project Management
- LAN/WAN Infrastructure support
- VOIP Technologies
- Virtualisation (VMWare)
- Working knowledge of Windows/Active Directory
- MS SharePoint 2010.
- Additional IT qualifications e.g. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
You will be working within our IT Support Team from our international office in Pewsey, Wiltshire. This is an office-based role.
Any successful candidate will need to be a committed to Barnabas Fund’s Christian ethos, statement of faith and aims. Each candidate must already have the right to work in the UK and have a good awareness of theology, other world religions and current affairs.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.