We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Projects Team at our international headquarters in Pewsey, Wiltshire. As one of our Projects Officers, you will assist in the process of channelling donations from Christians around the world to help Christians suffering for their faith.
Why Barnabas Fund?
As a world-renowned international aid agency, Barnabas Fund serves the global persecuted Church by channelling practical aid to suffering Christians in over 80 countries who face oppression, discrimination and persecution. This is an opportunity to be part of an organisation that transforms lives for our persecuted Christian family throughout the world.
What will you be doing:
The successful candidate will process project funding requests for presentation to the Projects and Disbursements Committee and then follow up to monitor the use of grants sent. This role will require you to contact and liaise with churches, ministries and other Christian organisations in contexts of pressure and persecution. You will assist in maintaining our projects management system and database, and help identify and efficiently solve potential issues or risks affecting projects.
The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys collaborating with colleagues in a team, and will get satisfaction from performing detailed tasks with precision, but also like the stimulus of new challenges and changing situations. This is a role for someone who loves to learn, who is interested in the global scene and likes interacting with people from a variety of cultures. Your summary of duties involve:
- Communicating with project partners to process project applications for persecuted Christians worldwide
- Responding to initial requests for support from project partners, and working with the Regional Coordinators where appropriate
- Obtaining detailed information and analysis on potential projects to present to the Projects and Disbursements Committee
- Inputting and managing project data onto the projects management system and database
- Assist in the maintenance of the projects management system
- Preparing applications for in-house Projects meetings and the Projects and Disbursements Committee
- Setting up payments of grants to project partners using the projects management system
- Ensuring receipts and reports from projects are received and actioned, as well as other monitoring of grant usage as required
- Maintaining a catalogue of photographs and resources relating to projects
- Responding to requests for information and analysis from the Projects Manager, International Directors and Editorial team when required
- Other duties as required
What you will need:
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills
- Proficient with IT software including Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher
- Familiarity with software databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet short-term and long-term deadlines
- Be both motivated and an effective communicator
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Experience working with project management tools, smart forms and databases
- Cross-cultural experience
- Experience of communicating with non-native English speakers
- Good geographical knowledge and familiarity with current affairs
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
You will be working within our Projects Team from our international office in Pewsey, Wiltshire. This is an office-based role.
Any successful candidate will need to be a committed to Barnabas Fund’s Christian ethos, statement of faith and aims. Each candidate must already have the right to work in the UK.
*Due to the volumes of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application will have been deemed unsuccessful. Thank you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.