We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Design & Digital Team at our international headquarters in Pewsey, Wiltshire. As our new Web Developer, you will assist in maintaining the back-end of the Barnabas Fund website and ensure its smooth performance. Our website acts as the window into what we do here at Barnabas Fund, and provides supporters, churches etc. the opportunity to get involved and support Christians around the world who suffer for Jesus Christ.
Why Barnabas Fund?
As a world-renowned international aid agency, Barnabas Fund serves the global persecuted Church by channelling practical aid to suffering Christians in over 80 countries who face oppression, discrimination and persecution. This is an opportunity to be part of an organisation that transforms lives for our persecuted Christian family throughout the world.
What will you be doing:
The successful candidate will develop new website features, layout and improve the functionality of our websites, ensuring this provides a smooth and enjoyable experience for anyone who accesses our resources and wants to know more about the persecuted church. In this role, you will manage back-end operating systems and regularly update our sites to a high standard. You will have the opportunity to develop custom modules and features, templates, content types, web forms and assist CMS users. You will also assist in maintaining our website databases and help identify and efficiently solve potential issues or risks affecting website performance.
The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys collaborating with colleagues in a team, alongside handling their own workload and taking ownership of the website’s development. This will also involve seeking ways to grow our web strategy under management direction. You will get satisfaction from performing detailed tasks with precision, but also like the stimulus of new challenges and changing situations. This is a role for someone who loves to learn, and has a passion to produce multiple high-quality websites to raise awareness of the global persecuted church.
What you will need:
- Experience of both back-end and front-end development, as well as basic design.
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Good familiarity with software databases such as MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Be both motivated and able to work effectively as a team member and independently.
- An eye for detail, alongside analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet short-term and long-term deadlines.
- Experience working with website integrations and CRM systems.
- Experience with Payment gateways.
- Adobe Creative Cloud. In particular Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Good grasp of web design and web UI/UX design.
- Experience in App development.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
You will be working within our Design & Digital Team from our international office in Pewsey, Wiltshire. This is an office-based role.
Any successful candidate will need to be a committed to Barnabas Fund’s Christian ethos, statement of faith and aims. Each candidate must already have the right to work in the UK and have a good awareness of theology, other world religions and current affairs.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.