How to apply
Purpose of opportunity:
The Sutton Short Breaks service provides young people with disabilities with a break from their families and works towards building social and independence skills with young people.
The Sutton Short Breaks service is start a new Youth Club for young people aged 13-25 years old with additional needs. The club will allow opportunities for young people to socialise with their peers and to engage in a range of different activities, for their enjoyment, as well as building independence skills e.g. healthy cooking, sports, craft activities. The group will organise outings once a month to an activity of interest for the young people.
The SSB is looking for volunteers to support this group project. The role of the volunteers will be to support staff with designing and delivering activities/ setting up and tidying away the group.
Depending on the interests/ skills of volunteers then they may wish to contribute specific support /additional activities to the group relating to their interests e.g. an Art workshop or Sports coaching. This is not essential, and the group co-coordinator will organise activities accordingly.
- Arts and Crafts
- Sports activities
- Day trips
- Many more!
- Willingness to support individuals with additional needs
- Able to build professional relationships with colleagues and service users
- Team working
- Caring attitude
Training, support or other benefits available:
As a Barnardo's volunteer you will receive the following:
- A full induction into the work of Barnardo's and our values
- Mandatory training in Barnardo's Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety; (other modules from our training modules as appropriate).
- Supervision and support from the Volunteer coordinator and Barnardo's team.
- Access to Barnardo's Volunteer Academy, offering a variety of Level 2 accredited qualification courses
- Access to the Barnardo's internal vacancy list
- Reference on completion of placement
- Volunteer Appreciation Events
- Reasonable travel expenses accepted
Sutton Short Breaks
Period covered by opportunity:
Days/Hours/ Time commitment:
Minimum Age: 18
Can be offered
Enhanced disclosure applies
Type of Check
Enhanced and Children's and Adult's Barred List applies
Child and Adult Workforce applies