Our retail shops are the face of our charity on the high-street and in local communities. As a Customer Support Volunteer you will provide a first class customer service experience, ensuring customers find everything they need during their visit.
Our amazing team of vibrant & diverse volunteers helps us run our retail shops, raising money for vulnerable children, young people and families across the UK.
It would be great if you could volunteer one shift a week (or even more if you want) but we’re always happy to be flexible to work around your availability.
Customer Support Volunteer
Where you will be based
Unit 1A, Princess Alice Retail Park, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B73 6RB, United Kingdom
Please note: This Superstore is openign soon.
Minimum age: 14
Why we want you
Our customer support volunteers provide a first class customer service experience, ensuring customers find everything they need during their visit.
What you will be doing
- You may choose to do some or all of these tasks - working on the till, helping customers with enquiries, meeting and greeting customers, covering changing rooms.
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Work with other volunteers to have a good knowledge of areas of stock and support customers with general questions and queries
- Process sales on the till
- Supporting customers with donations and gift aid
- Support the implementation of seasonal campaigns and promotional activities in-line with the stores marketing activity plan
- Ensuring the store remains clean and tidy
- Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all security procedures are adhered to
The skills you need
- Friendly and helpful
- Happy to be part of an amazing team of staff and volunteers
- Enthusiastic about the work of Barnardo’s
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good verbal communication skills and able to engage positively with customers
- Willingness to learn basic IT skills, for tasks such as working on the till
- Problem-solving abilities to help resolve queries and issues
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and use your initiative
What's in it for you
- Volunteer in a fast paced and diverse environment
- Have fun and meet new people
- Develop skills for your CV including confidence, teamwork and problem solving
- Make a difference to the lives of children, young people and their families
- Learning and development opportunities through our Volunteer Academy which includes access to Level 2 Qualifications and other accredited courses
- Full training and experience of working in retail as a volunteer
Unit 6D, Parc Tawe Retail Park, Swansea, SA1 2AS, United Kingdom
Please note, this SS is opening soon.
Minimu age: 14 years
We look to recruit a diverse range of volunteers. If your skills don't fit the above, please do not let this put you off as we are able to be flexible with most of our roles. If you are unable to apply online through the link on this page, please visit your local store for a paper application form or contact the Barnardo's Volunteering Team via our website.