Are you ready for a new challenge? Do you have an interest in working with children, young people and their families within Social Care?
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join Barnardo's as a Project Worker 1 at the First Episodes Psychosis Service, Barnardo's Cymru Cardiff and Vale Locality to support children and young people. The role will be working predominantly in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan .
About First Episodes Psychosis Service
The Service is funded through Cwm Taf University Health Board to work across Cardiff and the Vale, as part of the Youth Psychosis Service, 'Headroom'. The service is an innovative and integrated partnership between the National Health Service (NHS) and Barnardo's.
The service works with children and young people developing targeted person centred support plans aimed to enable them to access mainstream and specialist services. The service aims to enable children and young people to develop their life skills, reach their potential, develop resilience and recovery in their mental health.
Project workers will use an assertive community outreach approach to engage and support young people, aged 14 - 25, who are experiencing a first episode psychosis. As part of this role your duties will include:
* Working 1:1 with young people and deliver group activity sessions helping them achieve goal focussed positive outcomes
* Supporting young people to access community services and resources including access to education employment or training
* Participating in key identified training
* Supporting the development and raising awareness of the service
* Managing own case load and maintaining accurate recordings
* Contributing to the development of service reports and data
You will have: (Essential Criteria)
* Experience of working with Children and Young People and adults
* Experience supporting the undertaking of assessments, including risk assessments
* Experience of keeping accurate records and reports
* Experience of planning, evaluating and undertaking individual and group work interventions with children, young people and families
* Experience of safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults
* Experience of working with a range of agencies developing positive partnerships and pathways
You must demonstrate in your application that you currently use the skills outlined below, and in the Job Description/Person Specifications, or have used them previously in employment, education, training, volunteering etc.
Although this contract has a permanent status, please be aware that this post is subject to funding currently to 30 September 2020 and therefore should this funding not be extended further, you may be subject to a redundancy consultation or a TUPE arrangement.
Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore are open to offering flexible working arrangements.