To provide effective general administrative support to Autism Service (AS) staff and provide specific administrative support to the Autism Adviser.
- Understanding and working within all Barnet Mencap policies including Safeguarding; Equality, Diversity and Inclusion; Data Protection; and IT.
- Receiving and inputting referrals and enquiries onto our CRM database, Charitylog.
- Maintaining the waiting list and diary; calling clients and booking appointments for the Autism Adviser; sending Zoom/Teams links; sending consent forms and other AS information. Offering IT support to the Autism Adviser.
- Entering AS client data onto Charitylog and keeping client records up to date; updating and renewing GDPR and other consent forms; uploading relevant documents; ensuring data is held within GDPR principles.
- Printing and posting correspondence for clients, GPs and other professionals.
- Liaising (by phone, letter or email) with GP practices and other services, as needed to support clients.
- Maintaining an up-to-date email address list of clients (according to clients’ consent). Maintaining up to date lists of clients to be invited to specific events by email and/or text (Peer Support Group, women’s group, workshops, etc.).
- Producing a monthly newsletter to be emailed to clients. Researching and compiling events and information to be included in these newsletters.
- Maintaining bookings and workshop attendance lists.
- Participating in supervision, appraisal and training.
- Attending weekly AS team meetings, staff meetings and other meetings as required
- Helping to facilitate the group activities for clients, such as attending online or in person Peer Support Group and other meetings as needed.
A lived experience of autism is desirable
An understanding of the different communication needs of people on the autistic spectrum
An understanding of autism and a willingness to attend autism awareness training.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, including Outlook and SharePoint; Knowledge of remote meeting technology e.g. Zoom and Teams. Ideally to have knowledge of Publisher and CRMs such as Charitylog.
An understanding of data protection and what is personal information, and a willingness to undertake data protection training
An attention to detail and being organised
Being a team player and able to manage one’s own workload
An ability to prioritise and follow up on many ongoing cases.
A willingness to discuss issues openly with rest of the team.
The organisation actively promotes equal opportunities policies and anti-discriminatory practices at all times.
PROMOTION OF SERVICE
Barnet Mencap develops links with the community and other organisations and promotes positive images of people with learning disabilities and autism. It is expected that the post holder will perform the role in a way that furthers the values of the organisation with reference to equal access and opportunity and quality of service provided.
The duties and responsibilities of this post may change over a period of time. Only significant additional duties or responsibilities as required by the Chief Executive will render the post for re-evaluation.
Please submit a covering letter as well as your CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.