Barnet Mencap is dynamic, expanding, and looking for team players to join our enthusiastic and diverse team. We support adults with moderate learning disabilities and/or autism to live independently in housing of their choice.
The role offers a challenge and satisfaction, which will suit people who:
- have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and autism in a community setting
- have a good working knowledge of safeguarding issues facing people with learning disabilities and autism
- understand the issues faced by people with learning disabilities and autism living independently and have the skills to meet their practical, social and emotional needs
- have a ‘Person Centred Planning’ ethos
- have excellent communication skills
Barnet Mencap is committed to safeguarding, quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. However, due to the nature of the role, one of the two posts we are recruiting for now, is restricted to women. The occupational requirement under Schedule 9 (part1) of the Equality Act 2010 applies.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.