Barnwood Trust is a long-established charitable trust in Gloucestershire. Its vision is that Gloucestershire is a better place for disabled people and people with mental health challenges to make the most of their lives, through acting as a catalyst for lasting change.
By enabling possibilities within communities, sharing ideas and providing grants, we enable people to shape where they live and discover new opportunities.
The Management Accountant is a part time role that leads a small Finance Team and is responsible for the provision of effective financial and operational management and control throughout Barnwood Trust.
We want to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, and actively recruits and promotes members of groups that have historically been denied access and opportunity.
- Provision of regular, accurate, informative and timely management information reports and funding information to the Chief Operating Officer and Senior Management Team.
- Production of month end and year end journals and management accounts.
- Production of year end Charity SORP financial statements.
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning process.
- Review accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary, ensuring compliance with all financial regulations.
- Line management of the Finance Lead
Skills and experience required:
- Passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of people with disabilities and people with mental health challenges
- Qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or experience to this level is essential for this role
- Demonstrates a logical and methodical approach with attention to detail and ability to produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Strong knowledge of accounting procedures, financial systems and processes
- Experience of preparing management accounts and analytical review
- A positive attitude and an ability to generate goodwill and build relationships with collaborators and colleagues
- 36 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata)!
- Work within an organisation that’s committed to improving equality and diversity
- Highly competitive salaries and pension contribution rates
- Join an organisation that is on a journey to becoming an anti-racist multicultural organisation
- Learning and development is seen as an essential part of all roles at Barnwood Trust; this includes both role related development and personal development.
- Permanent, 15 – 18 hours a week
- This position would normally be based in Overton House, Cheltenham but until Government guidance changes, will work from home.
Closing date, interviews and start date
Deadline for applications is 5pm Monday 14th December 2020. Applications will be shortlisted that week with a view to hold first stage interviews w/c 4th January 2021 and second stage interviews w/c 11th January 2021. We would like the successful applicant to start as soon as possible.
Click on Apply Now which will take you to the Barnwood Trust website to apply directly.
If you would like any of this information in a more accessible format, please let us know and we’ll arrange this with you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.