Grow a challenge events portfolio, which includes existing runs and bike rides, by introducing new events
Barts Charity funds groundbreaking research, state-of-the-art equipment and innovative healthcare projects that change lives and bring extraordinary healthcare to 2.5million people in East London and beyond.
Their grant-making programme goes above and beyond NHS funding to support the five hospitals of Barts Health NHS Trust and six medical research institutes.
They are ambitious about the future and have committed to increasing their funding to £30 million a year, supported by developing a new proactive fundraising strategy.
At this stage of their fundraising development, Barts Charity are seeking an Events Officer to grow their challenge events portfolio. They need an ambitious and driven fundraiser who is supporter-focused and strategic in approach. The right person should be driven by the opportunity to take ownership of this income stream, increasing long-term supporter engagement and furthering support of the charity’s work.
There is a growing events portfolio which currently includes the London Marathon, Royal Parks Half Marathon and London Santa Run, to name a few.
The role would best suit:
- a proven fundraiser who has worked on challenge events and has a commitment to providing exceptional supporter stewardship
- someone motivated by all areas of challenge event management, from the recruitment and ongoing support of participants, to on the day logistics
- a keen marketeer able to create a marketing plan, develop marketing collateral, and use digital platforms and social media to recruit, motivate and engage supporters
- someone who has experience recruiting and working with volunteers
- someone who is proactive and solution focused, with good project management skills and experience working to budgets and increasing ROI from events
- someone with experience of CRM databases and analysing supporter data
- a strong relationship-builder and a champion for the work of the charity
To apply for this role, please click Apply with Charityjob to submit your CV to Dawn Ballard at QuarterFive Fundraising Recruitment. If your experience is a good fit, we will send you a job description and arrange a briefing call or meeting that will provide you with all the information required to formally apply. QuarterFive aims to proactively support your job search, so we may also consider your details for other job vacancies to enable us to find a position that is most suitable for you.