Deputy Chief Executive (Business Development)
£40,000 pro-rata 30 hours per week (37hrs equals full time) - Basingstoke
We are looking for a strategic leader to join us during an exciting period of growth and transformation as we continue to expand our community reach and range of services. We are seeking a dynamic professional to actively engage with existing and prospective clients (primarily Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise organisations) and to identify and develop new business opportunities and ways we can maximise the services on offer to our members. Working closely with the Chief Executive, the postholder will lead on the implementation of our ambitious income generation and growth agenda alongside supporting the wider team to deliver on key objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our key services portfolio, the markets we serve and our value proposition.
- Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers and partnerships. Proactively scanning for opportunities to bid and tender which fit with BVA’s portfolio and capabilities.
- Use our existing membership and/or non-members to seek out appropriate contacts and build meaningful relationships.
- Lead on the production of high-quality tender submissions to maximise success whilst fitting with BVA’s position as a mission-driven organisation
- Develop appropriate templates that are compliant with the requirements of major funders/donors / procurement bodies
- To deputise for the Chief Executive in the provision of organisational leadership and delivery of key priorities, working closely with the Operations and Finance Managers to support the successful achievement of strategic objectives.
To apply you will have experience of:
- Team management experience, including the ability to initiate and oversee the completion of work in a range of different areas.
- Demonstrable experience in growing income and managing stakeholders at a strategic level.
- Good customer relationship skills and communication skills, including the ability to engage with representatives from client organisations at all levels.
- Proven track record of building a sustainable pipeline then maintaining and managing it to ensure timely delivery of contracts and/or to meet targets.
- A proactive approach to strategic research of prospective clients
- Proven ability to use innovative ideas to develop own network
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to key stakeholders
Please submit a covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role alongside an up-to-date CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.