Breathing Space, Bath
Bath Mind and Virgin Care are developing an exciting new evening service in central Bath. The Breathing Space will offer a non-clinical safe space for people at risk of, or going through, a mental health crisis.
Breathing Space is due to open in October 2019, and will initially run as an 18-month pilot. The service will be open 365 days of the year between 6pm and midnight.
Bath Mind is looking to recruit experienced individuals from September, to oversee and manage this service.
Wellbeing Manager - Breathing Space
Responsible to: Head of Services
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Working location: Breathing Space, central Bath
To oversee Bath Mind’s evening safe space which offers a calm, non-clinical service supporting individuals experiencing, or at risk of, a mental health crisis. The space will provide practical and emotional support and may be used as an alternative to admission to statutory services.
This service is open 365 evenings of the year, between 6pm and midnight.
- To adopt a management approach and be a proactive service leader
- To be non-judgemental and empathetic
- To adhere to the policy of confidentiality and sharing of information
- To be non-discriminatory
- To promote positive perceptions of Bath Mind at all times
- To maintain positive working relationships with other employees and volunteers of Bath Mind
- To communicate and update information with the Head of Services regularly and effectively
- Effective management of the team to ensure high quality service provision
- Oversee staff rotas, ensuring adequate cover
- Develop systems for the smooth running of the service, to ensure the operational procedures are adhered to
- Oversee the dedicated ‘phone line and email system ensuring effective communication and information management systems are accessible to appropriate organisations
- Manage referrals to the service on a daily basis ensuring referral criteria is met
- Manage the electronic care records to ensure continuity of information and service delivery.
- Ensure GDPR will be adhered to at all times
- Liaise with service users, carers and relevant organisations to ensure high quality services are delivered consistently
- Provide an environment which is physically and emotionally safe for service users, visitors and staff
- Liaise with the Head of Services in preparation for the Steering Group Meetings
- Active involvement in the promotion of the service
- Liaise with Virgin Care to develop and monitor a range of outcome measures
- Work within the Bath Mind governance framework and all policies and procedures
- Report on developments in services, legislation and practice where appropriate
- Ensure effective team and individual management
- Represent Bath Mind with external agencies and support the values of Bath Mind
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post
Hours of work
- 37.5 hours per week
- Evening and weekend work
- 25 days holiday per year (pro rata) + Public and Bank Holidays
- Flexi-time arrangements
- £29,250 per annum
- Workplace Pension Scheme
Closing date for applications: Thursday 4 July
Interview dates: Friday 12 July
Monday 15 July
Tuesday 16 July
Start date: Monday 2 September
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.