Breathing Space, Bath
Bath Mind and Virgin Care are developing an exciting new evening service in central Bath. The Breathing Space will offer a non-clinical safe space for people at risk of, or going through, a mental health crisis.
Breathing Space is due to open in October 2019, and will initially run as an 18-month pilot. The service will be open 365 days of the year between 6pm and midnight.
Bath Mind is looking to recruit experienced individuals from September, to oversee and manage this service. We are looking for a team of wellbeing managers and officers.
Wellbeing Officer - Breathing Space
Responsible to: Assistant Wellbeing Manager
Hours: 32hrs per week x 1
24hrs per week x 2
18hrs per week x1
Location: Breathing Space, Central Bath
To work with the team to support the smooth running of Bath Mind’s evening safe space. The Breathing Space offers a calm, non-clinical service supporting individuals experiencing, or at risk of, a mental health crisis. The service will provide practical and emotional support and may be used as an alternative to admission to statutory services.
This service is open 365 evenings of the year, between 6pm and midnight.
- To be a proactive team member
- To be non-judgemental and empathetic
- To adhere to the policy of confidentiality and sharing of information
- To be non-discriminatory
- To promote positive perceptions of Bath Mind and the Breathing Space at all times
- To maintain positive working relationships with other employees and volunteers of Bath Mind
- To communicate and update information to the team regularly and effectively
- Assist with the preparation of the service each evening
- Attend daily briefing meetings
- Facilitate a welcoming and friendly environment
- Maintain appropriate records of attendees
- Liaise with service users, carers and relevant organisations to ensure high quality services are delivered consistently
- Provide robust assessment and data management of a person’s needs
- Work as an individual and part of a multidisciplinary team
- Maintain an honest and caring approach
- Attend meetings as required and as appropriate for the role
- Establish good working relationships with volunteers
- Establish good working relationships with partner organisations
- Be actively involved in the promotion of the service
- Assist the development of systems for the smooth running of the service
- Participate in team meetings, appraisal, workforce development and supervision
- Ensure the implementation of all Bath Mind policies
- Take responsibility for own safety and to strictly adhere to Bath Mind’s safety procedures at all times
- Undertake other duties as appropriate
Hours of Work
- Varying hours per week (rota system)
- Evening and weekend work
- 25 days’ holiday per year (pro rata) + Public and Bank Holidays
- Flexi-time arrangements
- £11 per hour
- Workplace Pension Scheme (contracted staff)
Closing date for applications: Thursday 4 July
Interview dates: Friday 12 July
Monday 15 July
Tuesday 16 July
Start date: Monday 2 September
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.