Reporting to the Head of Finance & IT, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial and accounting systems. The ideal candidate will possess good business acumen, and will be looking for a varied and challenging role in an organisation through which they can make a real impact.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Contribute to the achievement of BCOP’s Business Plan objectives by delivering an efficient, effective and comprehensive financial service and ensuring the team is proactive in supporting all BCOP business;
- Providing efficient and effective management and financial accounting, forecasting, modelling and financial analysis which promotes the best use of resources using Value for Money principles;
- Providing assurance that appropriate internal controls are in place that contribute towards the creation of an organisational culture that manages risks;
- Provide robust financial information that empowers stakeholders to make best decisions for the future financial sustainability of the organisation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately as applications are reviewed daily and this role may be filled before the closing date. Our ideal candidate would have availability during April to support the handover process and/or be available for an immediate start.
- Professional qualifications (preferably CCAB) with evidence of continued professional development relevant to the post
- Strong skills in IT, including MS Office skills & accounting packages
- Financial management experience from producing management accounts through to final accounts and budgets
- In-depth knowledge of payroll processing and current legislation
- Ability to recommend and implement system improvements & internal controls
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to the role and culture of the organisation
- Ability to build good relationships with non–finance staff e.g. Nursing Home Managers
- Good communication/influencing skills/presentation skills e.g preparation of Excel graphics, writing reports etc.
- Ideally, experience of working in a regulated business environment, with preference for charity, social care and/or social housing settings
- Ability to coach, mentor and performance manage 2 direct reports: (i). Weekly Payroll/Purchase Ledger; (ii). Sales Ledger/Trainee.
What's on offer:
- Salary up to £40k dependent on skills and experience
- Flexible working - Early finish on a Friday, with a 35 hour working week
- 32 days’ annual leave including statutory/ public holiday rising by an additional 5 days after 5 years’ service
- Pension scheme
- Health & wellbeing scheme including Employee Assistance Programme
- Health insurance scheme
- Free parking at our locations, with Support Office located close to Kings Norton rail station
- Free tea and coffee facilities at our locations
- Training and development opportunities
- Strong working culture of empowerment and support
- Locally Based for a reputable Charity established since 1946.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately as applications are reviewed daily and this role may be filled before the closing date.
Broadening Choices for Older People is a charity that has been offering accommodation, support and care for older people across Birmingham, for over seventy years.
Our turnover is in excess of £7M per annum with the main sources of income coming from Local Authority, Health commissioning and private pay of care home fees.
All posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure being carried out by the DBS and will include a check against the adult barred list. BCOP are committed to equality of opportunity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.