This is an exciting time for us as we are reshaping the way we do things and developing a new vision and culture for all our stakeholders. We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who is able to join us on our journey.
This is a pivotal role for the finance team and the postholder will work very closely with the Financial Controller and the Business Support Lead to ensure that standards are met and maintained across all aspects of the teams' work and to ensure that the finance function meets the governance requirements of relevant legal, regulatory, and monitoring frameworks in line with the Charity Commission.
Meeting standards and compliance are high on BCOP’s agenda and will be a fundamental part of how the person will be expected to work.
The post holder will also be taking the lead on processing the monthly payroll for 250 employees, so a strong payroll background is essential.
The role will predominately based at our Support Office in Kings Norton, however the post holder will be expected to visit our nursing homes and housing schemes throughout Birmingham.
The postholder’s duties will include but not limited to:
- Processing an end to end monthly payroll for c.250 employees using the company software (Salaried and hourly paid) including all associated administrative tasks and HMRC reporting
- Administrating the organisation’s stakeholder pension scheme in line with auto enrolment compliance by established deadlines
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations and guidelines
- Working with Home Managers to ensure accuracy of the payroll submissions and relevant controls are adhered to
- Producing timely reports for senior management team
- Processing purchase ledger payments including dealing with supplier queries
- Ensuring effective controls are in place including ensuring value for money
- Supporting the Financial Controller with month-end processing, creditor reports, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations to support the production of the monthly Management Accounts
- Supporting with the processing of income
- Ensuring cash book, Banking and Petty Cash controls are in place
- Ad hoc project work and process improvement
Who are we looking for?
The role would suit a candidate with a strong background in payroll, ideally with 3 years’ experience, who wants to develop their accountancy skills. AAT or similar qualifications would be beneficial but are less important than the experience you can bring to the role. Experience in a similar size organisation or Charities or Housing sector experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
There’s lots to do in this business, ensuring systems are embedded, processes streamlined, and the business accounts get managed on a day to day basis.
You will need to be organised, have a great attention to detail, a good problem solver and tenacious at seeing things through to conclusion. You will be a great communicator at all levels, both verbally and written, able to translate financial speak to those less confident than you. It is important that you are a team player and able to work alongside colleagues in other support functions.
BCOP encourages individuals who have a commitment to continuous improvement including people who can generate ideas and aspirations to improve services, make efficiencies and all round do things better.
What’s on offer?
As well as a competitive salary other benefits of working for BCOP include:
- Free on site car parking, with good links to public transport network
- 24 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years’ service (Pro rata to actual hours worked)
- Free health insurance
- Free health cash plan scheme
- Workplace pension
Interviews are expected to take place at our Support Office w/c 12th April 2021.
Please be assured our Support Office is Covid Safe
Closing Date 5th April 2021 - However we advise you apply early as we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and may close the application round earlier should a suitable candidate be found.
Broadening Choices for Older People respectfully decline the assistance of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and do not wish to be contacted – speculative CVs or proposals from any agency or third party outside of our instruction will be treated as gifts.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.