Please note: to apply to this role you will need to complete BDSIP’s application form which can be found using the link in this advert. As we practice safer recruitment procedures, we are not able to accept CVs for this post.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join BDSIP, a dynamic and growing social enterprise, in the new role of Events and Marketing Coordinator. You’ll be coordinating and promoting both online and face-to-face training courses, conferences, professional networks and other events for a well-established client base of teachers and young people. You’ll be working with a team of experienced educational professionals across BDSIP’s central service areas, which include school improvement, inclusion, careers and work experience.
You’ll be an essential part of the Education Core Team, a team of five, who together support BDSIP’s internal and external needs. The role is extremely varied and engaging, with no two days the same. You’ll support the wider team and liaise with an array of stakeholders from teaching assistants and headteachers, to keynote speakers and web developers.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about education, with experience in administration. Experience in events, marketing and/or content creation is desirable. You’ll be self-motivated and willing to work flexibly and confidently across multiple projects simultaneously, to meet the needs of our customers. You’ll have the ability to work independently towards team goals, have strong written and verbal communication skills and be well organised. You'll be excited by the opportunity to bring ideas and enthusiasm to shape a new role in this business.
This role offers excellent scope for personal development and growth, as well as the opportunity to drive forward BDSIP's mission to deliver consistently excellent services to schools and the best possible outcomes for young people in Barking and Dagenham.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Using Microsoft Office and cloud-based design programs to ensure all course and publicity materials are produced to the highest standards and in accordance with BDSIP’s brand, reflecting and reinforcing our ambition to be the training provider of choice across the borough and beyond.
- Meeting and supporting senior business leaders and a team of experienced educational professionals to aid delivery of training, including booking venues, speakers and promotion.
- Maintaining and developing the existing network of high-quality delivery venues, managing the relationship with each venue to ensure BDSIP receives the best experience and value.
- Assisting the Education Core Team by sharing joint administration duties including answering general enquiries via telephone and email, supporting basic finance administration, and supporting office management duties.
- Liaising with speakers, sponsors and delegates, ensuring clients have a premium event experience through seamless customer service.
- Ensuring up-to-date course and event information is available on BDSIP’s website and managing course bookings – both online and through telephone enquiries, etc.
- Attending key events to manage event delivery, including all aspects of audio-visual.
- Managing event evaluation to ensure that customer feedback drives event content and management. Reviewing feedback to improve BDSIP’s training where possible.
- Assisting the wider team with planning and executing marketing strategies through online channels: creating content and writing copy where required and use management information to identify target clients. Using website and social media to strengthen online presence and BDSIP’s brand.
What we are looking for:
- Proven administration experience - Excellent administrative, organisational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working in events and/or marketing is preferable – to be able to show an understanding of what’s involved in planning, promoting, and delivering an event.
- Excellent verbal communication to build strong relationships with clients, partners and BDSIP senior staff, including event tutors.
- Strong written skills and ability to present and develop key ideas.
- An eye for design and detail. The ability to develop high-quality materials using MS Office, Publisher and relevant specialist software to display creative skills.
- Strong IT skills - Knowledge of a range of digital marketing channels and methods, the ability to use social media and/or content management systems to manage BDSIP’s online presence.
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team, and independently with the minimum of supervision.
- Self-confident with developed interpersonal skills. Able to negotiate with internal and external School stakeholders, including senior staff in BDSIP and its partners.
- Confidence to bring ideas and/or solutions where necessary to improve BDSIP’s processes and practices.
- A passion for improving outcomes for children and awareness of the education sector. Experience working within an in educational organisation would be advantageous but is not necessary.
Barking and Dagenham is a wonderfully diverse borough. We want our people to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Accordingly, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, particularly those currently underrepresented in our workforce.
Salary: £23,000 – £30,000, dependent on skills and experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Our offices are based in Dagenham, London. Expect a mixture of working from our office in Dagenham, working from home and travelling around the borough to support delivery of events when required. Access to a car is not required for this role.
Applications: to apply to this role you will need to complete BDSIP’s application form which can be found on our website's careers page, under 'About Us'. As we practice safer recruitment procedures, we are not able to accept CVs for this post.
- Closing date for applications at 9am on Monday 13th December
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 5pm on Tuesday 14th December
- Interviews will be held on Friday 17th December
ASAP - Please state the length if your notice period within your application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.