Are you ready for something meaningful?
Be Collective is a tech for good organisation with a community focus delivering a digital platform for mobilising goodwill through innovative Social Infrastructure. We’re a place for action, helping our community realise positive social impact both individually and collectively. We ask communities to do what they can, when they can. We’re here to make the world a better place and bring out the best in people, businesses, government, educational institutions and charities, by connecting those providing volunteer opportunities with those that want to help. Along the way, we help foster employment pathways, activate citizenship, support individuals to showcase their volunteering and skill acquisition through our unique verified Social Record/Social Resume, and enable organisations to demonstrate and articulate their Social Impact.
Be Collective is a global organisation with offices in London UK, Melbourne Australia, and Wellington New Zealand. We are looking for our new London-based Business Development Guru to be part of a global and vibrant team with the appointment of a Senior Manager – Community and Stakeholder Development. This role reports to the Director - Stakeholder Development and has two direct line management reports.
The Senior Manager – Community and Stakeholder Development is responsible for developing and driving the strategy and tactics which underpin an approach to a prospective stakeholder having consideration for the factors which might or will influence their decision to adopt Be Collective and anticipating perceived barriers to entry and/or use.
This is a hands-on role that will suit a passionate and enthusiastic people-person with attention to detail and, a flexible approach to working with a range of stakeholders. If you are an agile self-starter with passion for community projects and with a business development background we would love to hear from you!
- Acting as line manager for the Community Development Co-Ordinator and the Community Development Manager consisting of directing day-to-day activities and ensuring that targets for developing relationships and communities are set and met.
- Ensuring that the CRM and related systems utilised in stakeholder development are a fundamental to the process, that the team adhere to best practice use and that core insights a drawn out to improve engagement.
- Leading, driving and guiding the identification of prospective stakeholders having consideration for factors such as timing, financial position, economic climate and political that will lead to submitting proposals and signing up new clients into the Be Collective platform.
- Leading and guiding the identification of opportunities for Be Collective to submit responses to advertised requests for submissions including, but not limited to, requests for information, requests for proposal, requests for quotation and tenders.
- Drafting and reviewing stakeholder proposals and presentations, in consultation with the Director - Stakeholder Development as required, to ensure that requirements of the prospective stakeholder are addressed and aligned with the capability, features and functionality of the Be Collective platform.
- Managing and leading the processes associated with customer relationship management. This includes, but is not limited to, acting as a champion and custodian of the processes and software platforms for customer relationship management as well as setting and maintaining standards for excellence in recording, tracking and reporting on prospective customers.
- Growing the adoption of Be Collective amongst the existing population by exploring creative and innovative ways for stakeholders to derive value from the platform by:
- Proactively connecting organisations and creating partnerships.
- Helping to grow the membership base collectively and for each stakeholder group.
- Helping to create optimal volunteering opportunities.
- Supporting the uptake of Be Collective Plus by stakeholder groups as appropriate.
- Analysing and interpreting feedback offered by internal stakeholders to drive the business case for the continuous evolution of the Be Collective platform and embed any relevant information into the Business Development process.
- Be an active participant of the Be Collective International team and collaborate to solve stakeholder problems and promote the continuous evolution of Be Collective.
What we are looking for?
- A passionate business development professional with previous experience selling software solutions or tech products to a range of stakeholders.
- Deeply passionate about making a positive difference in our communities through the use of technology and enabling others to do the same.
- Excellent English written communication skills, including the ability to develop written proposals, respond to tenders and to interact with a diverse range of clients and responding positively when resolving issues. Proven experience in writing proposals or participating in bidding processes is desirable but not essential.
- Established networks and experience working with tech companies, community, charitable, educational and corporate organisations in Europe, specifically the UK.
- Detailed oriented with superb project management skills to engage multiple stakeholders with different backgrounds and project requirements.
- A team player with prior line-management experience.
- A solid understanding of the digital space and an ability to quickly gain expert knowledge on platform usability and optimisation.
- Willingness to be agile and flexible including taking responsibility for team calls with colleagues in other regions that might fall outside of normal business hours.
- Occasional travel across the UK and Europe will be expected pending on Covid guidelines.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary.
- A flexible working policy and a relaxed office environment.
- Team socials.
- Being part of a multilingual global team.
- 2 paid volunteering days per year.
- Opportunities for personal development within a tech for good environment.
We are proud of the company culture we have built and grown globally to make Be Collective a place that people love to come to work every day. We have an established flexible work policy, and we would be happy to discuss your requirements during the interview process. Our team all believe in connecting the goodwill of others. Which is why giving is intrinsic to our team culture, and why people stick around. If this all sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV, and cover letter.
(Be Collective Europe is part of WE Australia, a group of innovative commercial and social enterprises.)