We wish to appoint a first class candidate who will develop, deliver and lead our volunteer programmes, including our befriending service and meet our objectives for volunteering.
You will take volunteering with us to the next level, recruiting and supervising volunteers to ensure they are at the heart of our work with young carers. You will lead the development, delivery and promotion of our volunteer based young carers befriending scheme, delivering the scheme and encouraging other volunteering for BE FREE YC across South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse Districts.
- Promote, recruit and train volunteers suitable and willing to engage with young carers as befrienders;
- Register and meet with young carers and their families and become the link between young carers and their families and volunteers;
- In liaison with young carers support staff, match young carers with befriending volunteers;
- Monitor, supervise and support the befriending relationships, being on call as required.
Routine administrative tasks:
- Produce risk assessments for befriending meetings, maintain a calendar of meetings, ensure all required reporting is recorded;
- Review and respond to feedback from clients and volunteers;
- Liaise with clients, volunteers and staff on sensitive issues;
- Encourage corporate volunteering, taking into account the sensitive nature of our work;
- Encourage and support volunteers willing to support the organisation in a variety of ways;
- Hold regular meetings with our volunteers to help create a volunteering community;
- Stay current with volunteer management best practice to provide advice and support about volunteering issues to ensure that BE FREE YC is delivering the best volunteering experiences possible;
- Manage budgets and work plans, prioritising a demanding workload;
- Liaise and work with colleagues to ensure Young Carers, their families and volunteers have a positive experience of our service;
- Ensure all tasks, procedures, and practices comply with all BE FREE YC policies, procedures and guidance;
- Assist in promoting and publicising BE FREE YC and in the production of other communications;
- Assist with the community engagement of BE FREE YC;
- Keep abreast of, and follow at all times, national and local policy in relation to young carers and volunteering;
- Monitor and evaluate work, producing records and reports as required;
- Contribute to a safe, positive and friendly working atmosphere;
- Provide reports and information to Trustees and other reporting as required;
- Attend and contribute to internal meetings and training and represent the organisation at external meetings as required;
- Actively contribute to and support the development of BE FREE YC;
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Director.
This job description is not intended to be comprehensive but indicative. Responsibilities may be varied from time to time, depending on the needs of the Organisation
Access to your own transport is essential as the post is based in Didcot and currently covers South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse Districts.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.