37.5 hours per week with some weekends/evenings as required
£30,000 per annum plus benefits
Based in Sedgley, with some travel required
Reporting to Communications & Fundraising Director
Beacon is a charity with a bold vision of making a visible difference for people living with sight loss, helping them to live fuller, more independent lives.
It’s an exciting time to join us in this newly created role which offers the opportunity to make it your own and shape our supporter engagement strategy.
The successful candidate will manage our fundraising team including creating and delivering fundraising activities and events, as well as managing grants and trusts applications, helping to secure funding for the charity’s ambitious growth plans.
The role is also responsible for building and developing corporate sponsorship and stakeholder engagement. This role also works closely with the Communications Manager to create and build integrated campaigns to help raise awareness of the charity, support our events, fundraising and other activity.
We have ambitious targets for fundraising so the ideal candidate will ideally:
- Have experience of managing and motivating a team
- Be knowledgeable of fundraising legislation and best practice in income generation (knowledge of Gift Aid would be desirable)
- Be proven in taking ownership with a can-do attitude
- Have experience in income generation and sourcing funding streams/applying for funding
- Have at least five years’ fundraising/engagement experience
- Some experience of marketing/awareness campaigns would be desirable as well as reasonable proficiency in IT packages such as Office 365 and producing reports
In return, we offer flexible working, on site restaurant facilities, competitive benefits including generous holiday allowance, SimplyHealth Cash Plan and pension, plus a fun environment, led by an inspirational CEO.
If you would like to apply for this role, please read the job description and complete the application for as well as attaching your CV (please ensure your education/training experience is included in your CV) and return via email which can be found via our website.
Closing date: Monday 1st August 2019
Please note: Previous applicants need not apply for this role. If you do not hear within three weeks of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful. If sufficient number of applicants are found for interview the advert for the role may be removed before the closing date. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.