Beacon Counselling is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people, and adults.
Beacon Counselling exists to improve the lives of people experiencing mental and emotional distress. We do this by building resilience in communities at home, at work, and elsewhere.
We support people dealing with anxiety, depression, bereavement, and relationship difficulties, to name just a few challenges. These are the issues that millions of us face at some point in our lives, and that 17 million people in the UK struggle with each year. Beacon also has specialised services for people who have experienced trauma, sexual abuse, domestic violence, young people looked after by the state and Care Leavers.
Main Objectives of Post
- To provide a confidential and effective counselling service for young people in schools
- To work as Beacon’s main representative in the particular school
- To work with the YPS Coordinator in maintaining a strong relationship with the school(s) in which you work
- To work with the manager, supervisor, and school’s counselling team to assist in the development of Beacon’s school’s counselling service
- Working hours are 5 hours per day 3 days a week
- The school where the counselling is delivered is MEA central in Fallowfield