The helpline advisor role is varied involving responding to contacts across all Beat’s support service channels including telephone line, email, 121 webchat and also includes facilitating daily peer support groups online.
Working to a rota between 12 and 8:30pm weekdays and 4-8pm weekends and bank holidays, Beat’s Helpline is available 365 days a year to support those with eating disorders and their friends, family and those that care for them through a variety of channels from telephone helpline, social media to 121 webchats via the Beat website.
1. Respond to service users who contact us through our telephone helpline, email, message board service and online support group sessions, in line with Beat’s helpline service training, protocols and templates.
2. Identify service user needs, record the results of the assessment and provide a tailored response delivering advice, emotional support, sign posting on to another appropriate service, or by directing referrals to an appropriate colleague etc.
3. Accurately enter service user information and data on services provided and feedback received into central systems.
4. Mentor and support volunteers through their induction and give constructive feedback to aid their development.
5. Be responsible for own administration associated with providing the services.
6. Participate in daily debriefing sessions to share learning and support colleagues.
7. Play a key role in ensuring a highly cohesive team of staff and volunteer colleagues.
8. Keep up-to-date and well informed on issues and developments relating to eating disorders.
9. Participate in co creations with service users online to facilitate co design of future support services
10. Contribute to the preparation of information-based resources including template replies, information materials and web pages.
11. Identify own learning and development needs and seek opportunities to address them.
12. Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by the line manager or her/his deputy.
How to apply
Click 'Apply Now' to download an application form from our website.
Completed application forms should be uploaded to our website by 10am on Thursday 4th July 2019. All applications must be on the Beat application form. CVs will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by close of business on Monday 8th July 2019, If you have not heard from us by this date then please assume that your application has not been successful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.