This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of "one of the bravest and most inspired underground troupes on the planet" (New York Times, 2015).
Belarus Free Theatre (BFT) is a unique campaigning theatre company, working between Belarus and the UK to produce political theatre, education programmes and international campaigning activities.
You will be part of our London team, working from the offices of the Young Vic, where BFT is an associate company.
About the Role
The General Manager will lead the UK office activities, including the company’s financial and administrative management. They will support the company’s programme of events and campaigns in the UK and internationally and the company's media work under the leadership of BFT’s Head of PR.
The General Manager needs to be flexible in their approach and ready to react accordingly to the constantly changing realities of the company’s existence in Belarus and creative work in the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Running the day-to-day operations of the company and the UK office
- Responsible for the administration of individual project budgets, ensuring all budget tracking documentation is accurate and up to date
- Liaising with BFT’s Minsk office and company members in Belarus
- Supporting the Producer in organising logistics and admin for the company's productions (visas, booking tickets, covid-tests etc)
- Conducting regular review and implementation of BFT’s policies (including insurance and security), procedures (including offline and online risk assessment) and internal controls
- Managing and regularly update the database (GoodCRM) and office filing systems
- Processing payroll, invoices, staff expenditure, expenses and petty cash, managing reporting to HMRC and other bodies
- Coordinating the company’s audit and financial reporting to funders
- Inputting all expenditure into Sage, run reports, keep accurate records
- Leading on all communication tasks and projects
- Managing BFT’s website and making updates across all section
Essential knowledge and experience
- A minimum of three to five years relevant experience in management
- Familiarity with social media and website content management, including WordPress and other packages
- Proven track-record of working efficiently with CRM databases
- Knowledge of accounting systems (ideally Sage)
- Excellent written and spoken English
Desirable knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the theatrical sector
- Training in cyber security
Key competences and skills
- Organised, with an ability to prioritise and manage competing demands
- Collaborative, with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to adapt for a range of audiences, sensitive to cultural communication differences, and ability to work well others
- Understanding of audiences, ability to identify different stakeholders and navigate between them
- A keen focus on detail and accuracy, while keeping sight of big-picture goals
- Takes initiative but knows when to seek advice and guidance
- Good judgment and self-awareness.
Application Deadline: 12pm Monday 20th December
Please note, we will review applications on a rolling basis and may offer interviews before this date. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.