- Home Based
- 35 hours per week
- Salary up to £23,500 per annum
- Fixed Term Contract for up to 12 months
- 8am-8pm shifts to cover
To be the first point of contact and to holistically assess clients and provide advice. support, information and guidance to individuals in need, who work or have worked in the automotive industry and allied trades (and their dependants). To work as part of a team with Support Service colleagues to identify trends in client need and respond with targeted preventative intervention.
- To promote a holistic culture and approach within an advisory team which supports the provision of high quality, client focused and person-centred support to help clients take control of their situation and move forward
- To maintain up to date and accurate records for all clients on our CRM data-based system
- To deliver all appropriate aspects of Information, advice and guidance required to meet clients identified needs ensuring they feel well informed and encouraged to access all appropriate support
- To effectively implement Ben’s policies and procedures at all times
- To work within a busy remote led helpline handing enquiries via various methods including phone and webchat
- To manage all enquiries in appropriate manner and provide support to clients, and Identify when urgent/critical intervention is required and refer internally or externally in an appropriate manner
- To work closely with the Case Managers and Specialist Services providing a two- way referral process for our clients
- Remain objective and professional when assessing and supporting clients, supporting them to access support from other organisation, charities or trusts
If you are an effective communicator with a positive and objective outlook and a desire to make a difference to our beneficiary’s lives, this is the role for you. You will be driven by a desire to help people, working in a holistic manner and confident in supporting people with complex problems and identifying the core issue. You will have extensive experience of working on an advice or customer services helpline.
You possess a natural ability to engage with people and gain their trust. You are a proactive multi-tasker with a ‘can-do’ attitude, already valued as an adaptable and supportive team player.
- Experience of community support, social care, and/or information, advice and guidance roles
- Experience working in a helpline capacity or similar role, experience managing your own caseload in a holistic manner
- Experience of working within regulated activity environments
- Knowledge and experience of working with Data Protected environments
- Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding Legislation (Vulnerable Adult and Child Protection best-practice)
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme – matched at 4%
- Referral scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on certain car brands
Ben is the charity dedicated to supporting the people of the automotive industry, providing support for life for them and their family dependents.
Ben supports individuals to navigate through life’s challenges, empowering them to make positive, lasting change. Ben works with people to improve their lives by enhancing their health and wellbeing through its free and confidential online self-help, helpline and support services. Ben also operates continuing care and support for those in later life, which isn’t dependent on an automotive industry connection, via its residential care centres, day centre and retirement village.
Apply now If you are ambitious and motivated and want to make a positive difference to people’s lives, get in touch with us.