We’re a social enterprise with a simple mission: to get more professional people to volunteer.
11 million people in the UK get paid time off to volunteer at work, but hardly anyone uses it. Companies hire us to promote and encourage volunteering amongst their employees. In turn, we work to support small, local charities with a steady flow of reliable volunteers.
Charity Partnerships and Volunteer Executive
The role of the Charity Partnerships and Volunteer Executive will be to support the operations team, helping to coordinate volunteering and support volunteers as they head out into the community. You will play an instrumental role in ensuring that our charity partners receive the volunteer support they need.
In order to do this, you will spend your time:
- Monitoring the website and volunteer bookings
- Responding to volunteering enquiries
- Liaising with and visiting charities
- Using social media, LiveChat and telephone to engage volunteers
- Identifying new charities to work with as part of our annual charity drive
- Advocating volunteering at a range of events with our corporate members
This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals with a strong interest in social enterprise and the third sector.
What do we need from you?
For this role, we aren’t looking for someone with years of experience in the charity sector. Instead our top priority is that you have a genuine love of talking to people, are highly organised, and open to learning the craft.
There are four key criteria for the role – you must:
- Believe in the power of volunteering and want to get more people involved
- Be well organised, punctual, and thorough in your work
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
In addition, experience with some or all of the following would also be desirable:
- Coordinating projects or events
- Working as part of a team
- Working to deadlines and achieving targets
- Thinking on your feet and responding to unforeseen circumstances
Where you come from, what you’ve studied (or not) and your experience in the charity sector are all by-the-by. We welcome applications from all eligible applicants.
If you have a hunch – or even just an inkling – that you could fit the bill, make an application via the details below; we’d love to have a chat about it.
Life at Benefacto
We have a big emphasis on our social enterprise being a fair, fun place to work with plenty of opportunities to learn new things. We want our workplace to be somewhere people can be themselves and we’re trying to be innovative in our approach to work.
Benefacto is a young organisation and you’ll be employee number nine. We’re focused on doing brilliant work and punching above our weight so expect to embrace a steep learning curve, be trained on the job and strive to work to high standards.
We have a transparent pay framework and open-book accounting, and we find everyone an inspiring mentor to help them think about what comes next.
Benefacto works above the Arts Theatre in Covent Garden. It has a lovely coffee shop: why don’t you pop us over a CV and we’ll get you over for a brew!
Location: Central London with very occasional travel to Manchester or Leeds
- full time
- salary: £22,000, increasing to £23,500 after the first year and to c. £27,500 on promotion to manager expected after 18-24 months.
- clear opportunities for progression to managerial roles in a growing organisation
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing by 1 day a year with each year of service up to 31 days + bank holidays.
- working from home on Fridays
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Sick Pay policies
How to apply:
To apply you’ll need to fill in three questions on our website and attach a CV by 20.00 on May 6.
We will conduct first-round interviews on 9 / 10 May and second-round interviews on 14 / 15 May with an offer made soon after. The ideal start date would be later in May, but we can offer flexibility for the right applicant!
We won’t consider generic applications so please only apply if you really want the role and are ready to make a strong case on why you’re the perfect candidate.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.