Benefacto are looking for a new Head of Memberships to oversee our existing relationships with our corporate members in London, Leeds and Manchester and to develop how we deliver our service to these members.
Membership Management at Benefacto
Benefacto’s Membership Management function has one objective: to get more people to volunteer!
We do this in the following ways:
- Providing ongoing consultancy support to our key contacts at our member companies, helping them build successful volunteering programmes and engage their colleagues in volunteering. This often includes supporting them in developing a volunteering policy, leadership support or a champions network.
- Providing engaging and high-quality materials (posters, emails, intranet articles etc.), which can be used by our corporate members to build volunteer engagement.
- Providing tactical support at our member companies, including running presentations and attending our ‘Canteen Campout’ lunchtime events and employee fairs.
- Engaging volunteers directly through social media and our targeted email system, Klaviyo.
As the Head of Memberships you will be responsible for leading the Membership Management function and delivering our services to our member companies.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Being accountable for maintaining strong working relationships with the key contacts at Benefacto’s corporate members
- Analysing volunteering and membership data to understand the effectiveness of our work
- Building upon our existing service offering with new ideas of how we can enhance the level of support we give to our members
- Meeting with members to provide support – sometimes attending a number of external meetings each day
- Enthusiastically attending events we run at our members’ offices, using the opportunity to engage volunteers and build a rapport with the key contact
- Line-managing our fantastic Membership Executive, Rebecca
The role will be part of Benefacto’s leadership team and will report directly to our Chief Executive Officer.
Skills and Experience
We are specifically interested in candidates who either have extensive experience in managing long-term client relationships or who have worked themselves in the Corporate Social Responsibility at manager-level or above.
In order to excel at this role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Energetic and enthusiastic love of volunteering
- Strong inter-personal skills, required to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to understand how our member companies operate, understanding the challenges and opportunities around driving engagement with volunteering
- Ability to prepare for and run effective meetings, leaving with a consensus and clear next steps
- Experience in managing a busy workload and incoming enquiries, preferably having used a CRM system
- Experience resolving issues with clients in a professional and satisfactory way
- Commitment to excellent customer service including being responsive, cheerful and helpful
- An engaging presentation style and the confidence to pitch and engage would-be volunteers in our offering
- Ability to conceptualize and oversee the development of design materials
- Ability to plan a diverse workload including project work and deliver it on time
- Willingness to understand and critique our existing approach to Membership Management, identifying areas for developing our offering
- Confidence to analyse the data we have available to us, drawing conclusions on where we need to focus our efforts or change our approach
- Commitment to maintaining excellent working relationships with your colleagues, specifically our Membership Executive who you will be managing and our Head of Operations who you will be working closely with
We’re a social enterprise with a simple mission: to get more professional people to volunteer.
11 million people in the UK get paid time off to volunteer at work, but hardly anyone uses it. Companies take out a membership with us to get help to promote and encourage volunteering amongst their employees. In turn, we work to support small, local charities with a steady flow of reliable volunteers.
Life at Benefacto
We have a big emphasis on our social enterprise being a fair, fun place to work with plenty of opportunities to learn new things. We want our workplace to be somewhere people can be themselves and we’re trying to be innovative in our approach to work.
Benefacto is a young organisation and you’ll be employee number ten. We’re focused on doing brilliant work and punching above our weight so expect to embrace a steep learning curve, be trained on the job and strive to work to very high standards.
We have a transparent pay framework and open-book accounting.
We work above the Arts Theatre in Covent Garden. It has a lovely coffee shop: why don’t you pop us over a CV and we’ll get you over for a brew!
Location: Central London with occasional overnight UK travel to Leeds and Manchester
- Full time
- Salary: £39,000 to £44,000 depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing by 1 day a year with each year of service up to 31 days + bank holidays.
- Working from home on Fridays
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Sick Pay policies
- Start date in November or December 2019
How to apply:
To apply please prepare a cover letter of no more than one page, explaining your interest in the role and addressing how your experience fits the job description.
Applications with generic cover letters will not be considered.
Please submit your CV and cover letter through the form by 20:00 on Wednesday 2 October.
First interviews will be held on 8 / 9 / 10 October with Benefacto’s CEO, with second-round interviews being held the following week and an offer made shortly after.
A start date in December is preferable, but with flexibility for the right candidate.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.