Bethel Health and Healing Network is a multi-award winning charity that works with the most vulnerable people in society providing practical, emotional and spiritual support. Bethel Health and Healing Network runs to main services: Doula Service for vulnerable pregnant women and the Rapha Service for people with low-level mental health challenges.
We are seeking an experienced Rapha Services Support Officer to join us.
Summary of Role
The Rapha Services Officer will work within the parameters outlined in Bethel’s Strategic Plan collaborating in partnership with local groups, consortium and charities. Responsible for recruiting and managing a team of volunteers, accurate record-keeping of the progress of the project and outcomes for clients,
The role will include preparing reports and statistics and contributing to the future sustainability of the project. To support the Rapha Services Manager in raising awareness of the work of the project and its profile, to ensure clients’ voices are heard and listened to. A person with good communication and administration skills and development experience in a community engagement or social care/health environment would be best suited to this position.
Responsibilities and duties
- Conduct client initial assessments face to face or by telephone/zoom and match with volunteers
- Ensure volunteers complete relevant paperwork and upload to Lamplight (CRM)
- Provide updates for Bethel Board Meetings
- Update lamplight regularly with referral forms, initial assessments, notes, case studies, volunteer/client records and feedback forms
- Regularly review and respond to volunteer’s needs and requests
- Prepare Reports for the Rapha Services Manager
- Coordinate additional virtual well-being and training sessions for volunteers and clients
- Administer Petty cash
- Support service day to day administration and responding to calls and queries
- Support Rapha Services Manager to promote the service
- Work closely with Bethel’s administrator
- Vocational qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. community development, health, mental health, social care etc.) or equivalent experience.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience of developing and supporting community and/or health projects and developing collaborative partnerships.
- Experience of managing and/or working with volunteers and/or interns.
- Experience of collating service user monitoring information and ability to keep accurate records of work output and financial expenditure for the purposes of review and service development.
- Experience of working in a multi-ethnic, multi-faith setting.
- Experience of working with disadvantaged client groups.
- Experience in a health environment and/or in a community setting.
- Some knowledge or experience of recruitment and training
Skills and Abilities:
- Good listening, verbal and written, communication and interpersonal skills and a friendly and non-judgmental attitude towards vulnerable people.
- Computer literate (word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, email and internet), CRM systems.
- Ability to show flexibility and work under direction and be a team member.
- An ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Customer service, skills.
- Ability to communicate in a community language
Competencies & Behaviours:
- An understanding of a variety of cultures, together with an understanding of how a change in culture can isolate and affect an individual.
- A level of self-motivation and initiative, as lone or proactive work is a major part of the role
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
- In sympathy with the Christian ethos of Bethel Health and Healing Network.
- Willingness to adopt a flexible working pattern
- Current, clean driving licence and car insured for business use
- The ability to communicate in a community language
‘Bethel Health and Healing Network are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants will be vetted for their suitability to work with these groups where required. Applicants for posts that are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will be asked to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Any offer of employment and continued employment will be contingent upon satisfactory vetting results and checks made prior to and during employment where required.’
The deadline for applications is 4th Jan 2022 and interviews will be week commencing 10th Jan 2022.
If you have the skills and experience necessary and want to work with a fabulous bunch of people doing great work in and around Birmingham, then apply today.
Thank you for your interest in this role and Bethel Health and Healing Network.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.