We are looking to recruit to the role of Health Promotion and Improvement Lead.
The postholder will ensure that the people we support and our staff, receive additional support with a range of health needs.
We are inviting experienced registered nurses to apply for the position, ideally someone who has experience of working with people with learning disabilities, autism and/or mental health.
This role will provide an effective clinical link between primary health care and social care across our current provision working effectively with managers and support staff. In addition, you will have a key focus on medication administration competency and work effectively with the management team to upskill staff and continuously improve health care practice.
You will develop a range of information to enhance the learning opportunities, enabling support staff to deliver the best outcomes for the people we support. The postholder will hold the key role of Infection Prevention and Control Lead for the Organisation; ensuring that we deliver safe and effective care in line with best practice and guidance.
Bethphage is a registered charity and was established in 1994 to support adults with learning and physical disabilities and mental health needs in Shropshire and the West Midlands. Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives. The people we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family or a shared home (supported living).
The role is based at our Head Office in Shrewsbury and will include working from home, visiting local offices and services.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written skills, e.g. reports, procedures etc.
- Keen to promote healthy living
- Ability to motivate, encourage and influence
- Ability to analyse results of research and present findings in an accurate and methodical way
- Ability to create strategies
- Excellent organisation skills
- Confidence to Identify and collaborate and network with external partners and stakeholders to gather key information and share it with the management team
We welcome applicants looking for full and part time hours.
- RGN/RNLD/RMN qualification
- Own vehicle (if appointed you will be expected to have business class insurance)
Benefits of Working for us
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Long service awards
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Paid training
- 34 days annual leave including bank holidays increasing to 39 days after five years and 44 days after 10 years
Interview date to be confirmed
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.”