Digital technology helps care services spend more time caring. It helps the people we support keep control of their lives, and of their care, and enables information to be shared securely and efficiently between health and care services. But there can be risks – for example how information is kept safe and secure, and what happens if a digital system fails.
Better Security, Better Care (BSBC) is a programme to help adult social care providers to store and share information safely through a free, online self-assessment for health and care providers called the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT).
This role manages a fund to tackle unique national challenges in data protection and cyber security for the sector, and to advise our government partners on policy changes. If you’re interested in social policy, programme development, working with government, we’d love to hear from you.
You will take the lead on designing, commissioning and managing a range of development projects, each designed to develop a different aspect of data and cyber security for adult social care providers.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Work with the Programme Director and the NHS Transformation Directorate to identify areas related to data and cyber security in the social care sector that would benefit from further exploration and development.
- Take the lead in designing development projects in areas identified, drafting detailed project specifications and project plans, and sourcing partners.
- Once projects are underway, act as overall project manager and managing the programme’s contracts with partners funded by the programme.
- Oversee and quality assure final products (e.g. policy, programme reports) working with those delivering the projects to develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Support the communication and cascading of findings from development projects to social care providers.
- Work flexibility within a small team supporting a programme that is growing and developing, recognising that new tasks and responsibilities are likely to be added to this role as it develops.
What we’re looking for
- You have experience of successfully managing projects involving multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- You are able to take large volumes of information and view points and, from them, identify clear actions and proposals and communicate them clearly.
- You are able to write clear and concise reports and other documents, for example tender specifications.
- You are able to work flexibly across more than one team.
- You have excellent digital, communication and presentation skills.
- You are passionate about solving problems, no matter if their big or small; and have a strong mindset of getting things done.
- You are willing to learn and can develop new skills and can tackle new areas.
Some or all of the above will make you a strong candidate. Please get in touch if you have further questions.
You will be employed by the Registered Nursing Home Association (RNHA), which is one of the national partners leading the programme.
You will report to the Programme Director of the Better Security, Better Care programme and will also work closely with the Cyber Security Policy Lead for Adult Social Care at the NHS Transformation Directorate.
Main terms and conditions
- 12 months fixed term contract from a date to be agreed.
- The role is fully remote but there will be some national travel and event attendance required with reasonable expenses covered.
- Salary of £43,000 per year.
- Hours of work 37.5 hours per week.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.