Responsible to: CEO/Community Connect Manager
At Bexley Voluntary Services Council (BVSC) you will find a team who are absolutely committed to supporting a strong, sustainable, and influential voluntary and community sector that can make a positive impact on people’s lives in Bexley.
We work hard, we help each other and go out of way to help others and find solutions rather than focusing on problems. We are positive and proactive and, although absolutely focused on our areas of expertise, we work as a team so that BVSC is the best it can be. Above all, everything we do is to strengthen our local Voluntary and Community Sector.
BVSC are initiating a new service which aims to provide prevention and early intervention work for young people, ensuring that they get the help they need and reduce the necessity for higher cost specialist service. The new project will connect 10–17-year-olds to existing voluntary sector services and provide a pathway to raise any concerns, issues and areas of need, specific to Bexley.
The postholder will be responding to the need we have seen as a result of Covid for young people in Bexley, working with local organisations, schools and healthcare professionals to co-ordinate and deliver a programme of support for children and young people, and will contribute to better emotional wellbeing for CYP as well as build capacity within the Community and Voluntary Sector. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a project within its early planning stages, and to have a real impact in bringing to life the first Social Prescribing service for Children and Young People in Bexley.
- Be the primary point of contact for children and young people, and parent/carers accessing the service, arranging meetings by phone or in person as required
- Support children and young people, and parent/carers, to access voluntary sector services and activities as relevant to their needs
- Keep accurate records and enter relevant data on the monitoring database, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
- Ensure information and advice regarding wider voluntary sector services, activities and resources is consistent, up-to-date, available on the database
- Keep track of each child and young person's engagement with the project and wider voluntary sector organisations to record outcomes
- Assist in the preparation of reports, monthly e-bulletins, publicity materials and monitoring
- Build strong working relationships with the wider voluntary sector and publicise the service with schools and healthcare professionals
- Attend staff meetings, supervision, and training as required
- Identify, report, and monitor any safeguarding concerns in accordance with the latest local procedures
- To comply with, and share responsibility for ensuring the implementation of, BVSC policies and procedures and key legislation such as GDPR and Safeguarding
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be assigned from time to time including travel throughout the borough to attend events, occasionally on evenings/weekends, and meet with volunteers and organisations.
These are the normal duties which are required of the position; however, we do require that all staff be flexible and may be required to perform other duties to ensure the efficient running of services.
Please note that the base for this role is Crayford Manor House, however the post involves working from various venues across the borough. We observe government guidance on Covid restrictions which may involve working from home on occasions.
Please ensure you complete and upload the application form which is provided in the supporting documents.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.