Responsible to: Community Connect Manager
At Bexley Voluntary Services Council (BVSC) you will find a team who are absolutely committed to supporting a strong, sustainable, and influential voluntary and community sector that can make a positive impact on people’s lives in Bexley.
We work hard, we help each other and go out of way to help others and find solutions rather than focusing on problems. We are positive and proactive and, although absolutely focused on our areas of expertise, we work as a team so that BVSC is the best it can be. Above all, everything we do is to strengthen our local Voluntary and Community Sector.
This is an interesting role building on our existing high-quality service for residents and supporting our vision for Social Prescribing. The right candidate will be passionate about supporting residents and creating volunteer opportunities and will have a vital role in maximising the number of volunteers supporting Community Connect whilst ensuring they all have a positive, rewarding experience with us.
- To be the first point of contact for local people interested in becoming a Community Connect volunteer and respond through all channels e.g., phone, email, social media
- To develop engaging volunteer roles that meet the needs of the service including writing role descriptions and adverts
- To widely promote volunteer opportunities across the borough utilising a variety of methods e.g., attending events, publicising on websites, writing content for social media platforms and organising recruitment campaigns
- To manage all volunteering applications, carry out interviews and take up references during the induction and onboarding process
- To support and supervise all volunteers to ensure they have a rewarding and high-quality experience, including training, supervisions, arranging team meetings and maintaining regular contact
- Build and maintain relationships with GP Surgeries, libraries, community groups and the wider voluntary sector
- To ensure that volunteers feel like an integral part of the team and cultivate a positive atmosphere by recognising volunteer efforts.
- Develop and utilise methods to ensure that volunteers feed in their views to continually improve the service
- Use our bespoke SocialRx system to log client information on their cases and liaise with colleagues to manage concerns or feedback
- Attend staff meetings, supervision, and training as required
- Identify, report, and monitor any safeguarding concerns in accordance with the latest local procedures
- To comply with, and share responsibility for ensuring the implementation of, BVSC policies and procedures and key legislation such as GDPR and Safeguarding
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be assigned from time to time including travel throughout the borough to attend events, occasionally on evenings/weekends, meet with volunteers and organisations.
These are the normal duties which are required of the position; however, we do require that all staff be flexible and may be required to perform other duties to ensure the efficient running of services.
Please note that the base for this role is Crayford Manor House, however the post involves working from various venues across the borough, and will work from home if government guidance advises us to.
Please ensure you complete and upload the application form which is provided in the supporting documents.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.