Beyond The Page aims to contribute to a strong, positive inter-cultural community in east Kent, in which women born outside the UK participate as confident, active citizens. We provide safe, creative and high-quality English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) programmes for migrant women, and work with local partner agencies and residents to develop activities and services which support multi-directional integration.
Our current Director is stepping down and we are looking for someone to lead our organisation as we develop new services and strengthen our team. BTP is recognised as having pioneered ground-breaking community work, through its creative partnership of ESOL, Natural Voice and community arts practices. Whilst continuing to focus on local grassroots activities, we are now engaging with a wider network of women through our online Chatrooms project.
Chief Executive Officer: full time, starting salary £33,799 - £34,728 (NJC pt31)
We are recruiting a suitably experienced CEO to guide Beyond The Page through its next stage of development. In particular we are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- A deep motivation and commitment to integrating practices and policies of equality and social justice in our work
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of the challenges faced by migrant women in learning English and settling in the UK
- Strategic awareness and the ability to lead an organisation into a new stage of development
- An ability to work collaboratively and allow creativity to thrive within a teaching and learning environment
- A track record of securing funding from trusts, contracts or other income-generating activities
How to apply: visit our website for full job description, application form and contact details.
For an informal chat, please email Sheila Macdonald at the address given in the application pack.
Closing date: 5pm Monday 24th May 2021
Interviews and practice assessments take place in 3 sessions over 3 weeks, from Monday 7 June. The final session will be face to face. If you may have difficulty attending during this time, please advise us when you apply.
Ideal start date: September 2021
Female only applicants.
BTP provides lawful services to women only. This post is advertised under Schedule 9 Part I of the Equality Act 2010.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.