Beyond the Streets is a small charity with a big determination to see routes out for women in prostitution in the UK. We have an exciting opportunity for a Services Manager to join our team, oversee two teams working with women who are selling sex.
Working with Women
Beyond the Streets is a UK charity working to end sexual exploitation by creating routes out through working directly with women.
When someone is involved in prostitution, reliable information and support can change their life. That’s what we do. We journey with women to understand their situation and the choices available to them. We are there for women as they take practical and manageable steps that lead to a genuine route out of prostitution.
Location: Southampton (with regular travel to east London)
Hours of work: 21 - 35 hours per week
Pension: 5% Employer Contribution, 3% Employee Contribution
This post is restricted to female applicants only under Section 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
To apply for this role, please submit a completed application form, along with an equal opportunities monitoring form to us by email. These forms, as well as a full Application Pack, can be found on the right of this screen.
First Interviews week commencing 22nd July
Second Interviews: week commencing 29th July
Potential start date: 1st October 2019
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) disclosure will be required for this role.
Scope of Job:
- Operational management of our direct support work based in Southampton
- Enable/deliver case work supervision of all frontline staff (Southampton & London)
- Lead on service risk management
- Part of the Management team, who actively supports the vision, values and ethos of the organisation
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Operational Management of our direct work
- Ensure the smooth running of our direct support work according to our business plan including regular monitoring and reviewing of the quality and effectiveness
- Continue to develop our services from a ‘Violence Against Women and Girls’ (VAWG) and holistic perspective
- Ensure service users’ opinions, suggestions and complaints are heard, are dealt with per policies and are acted upon
- Ensure effective line management, including regular 1-1’s and annual reviews of staff
- Ensure smooth delivery of our national phone support service, exploring with the Director of Services opportunities for expansion
- Continue our development in embedding a ‘Trauma/Gender Informed approach’ through learning, policy and practice development
- Deputise for the Director of Services within areas of expertise as agreed
Case work supervision
- Responsible for ensuring that case work supervision and reflective practice is carried out to a high standard across both locations
- Operational responsibility for Safeguarding and risks associated with individual women attending drop-in sessions, outreach or on the phone and determining appropriate actions which are both sensitive to the needs of the woman as well as for staff, volunteers and partner agencies in the projects
- Ensure that up to date risk assessments are carried out for both projects and any risks are communicated to outside agencies if appropriate
- Ensure annual audit of safeguarding policies and procedures with Lead Safeguarding Trustee
- Ensure that any Safeguarding risks are dealt with as per policy, and good practice is integrated in both locations through training and adherence to safeguarding procedures
- Participate in management meetings and contribute to strategic planning efforts
- Ensure the production and maintenance of accurate and useful information in a range of formats, to promote effective service delivery and evaluation
- Provide support to the Operations Director and Grants Fundraiser to ensure the accurate use of data and case studies in relation to reporting impact/exiting outcomes to funders
- Involvement in the monitoring of income and expenditure budgets for service delivery area
- Part of the recruitment team for frontline staff and volunteers
- Ability to cover/deliver case load to a small number of women, subject to workload and by agreement with the Director of Services
- Occasional cover for ensuring the volunteers on late night outreach are supported
- Assistance in strategic networking with agencies to monitor issues/needs or gaps in service so that Beyond the Streets services can be adapted and developed accordingly
- Identify opportunities to develop exiting partnerships