Join a pioneering team at Big Education to shape something special in education
Big Education is a charity and multi-academy trust that is a force for change in education in the UK. Recently launched in September 2018, Big Education has big ambitions. We seek to bring together the energy and spirit of our schools, teachers and communities to deliver a bigger and bolder vision of what education can be.
We believe deeply that education needs to be more expansive, that we need to educate the whole child – head, heart and hand. We believe that if we do that with innovation and rigour, then young people will be equipped to make a difference to the world.
There are three main strands to our work:
- Running distinct schools: Big Education is currently running three schools and is in the process of setting up two more brand new schools.
- Building an ecosystem: We want to create a series of products, programmes and policies that exemplify a big education and push the boundaries of what is possible in education. .
- Building a coalition for change: We want to build a coalition of people who are united around the idea that the education system needs to be done differently. Working with educationalists, thinkers, business people, social entrepreneurs, and policy makers we want to be a catalyst for change.
This is a great role for someone who wants to be at the cutting edge of education innovation. The successful candidate will be someone who combines thinking and doing and who has a track record of forging great partnerships to achieve ambitious goals. You will have a strong track record of entrepreneurship whether in raising funds, creating business plans, or taking new ideas to scale. You will be a skilled networker and someone who can take our connections and provide strategic leadership to make the best use of our partnerships.
You will be based at School 21 in Stratford.
- Devising a stakeholder strategy to engage with key Big Education partners:
- Finding and reaching out to key partners from a range of sectors: e.g. business, creative, high tech, Universities
- Mapping and managing key stakeholders (existing and potential)
- Strategic oversight of stakeholder management software
- Working with our schools to curate partner involvement in the curriculum and enrichment activities
- Develop a business development plan for BE programme, products and events:
- Shape the business model for our on-line platform, programmes and events
- Devise and oversee visits and events programme within Big Education and its schools
- Lead the fundraising drive to support the vision and programmes of Big Education:
- Devise a strategy for fundraising for the schools and the wider Big Education Programme
- Work with individuals and businesses to raise funds
- Work with the development board to deliver the strategy
- Oversee applications to foundations and other grant giving bodies
- Very strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build powerful relationships, including with very senior stakeholders
- Ability to clearly and convincingly articulate the Big Education story and vision
- Strong judgement to read and understand complex situations
- A creative approach to seeing possibilities and opportunities within a range of partnerships
- Ability to be flexible and prioritise effectively when working in a startup environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences, both written and verbally
- Strong initiative, with an ability to work to a high level of autonomy
- Experience in leading and managing a project
- Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines as required
- Ability and willingness to take on new projects
- Reflective and open to feedback
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively when necessary
- Attention to detail and ability to multi task at a high level
You will love this job if…
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, startup environment
- You love meeting and working with a wide range of people from different contexts
- You want to be part of a growing force for innovation in education
- You enjoy working with committed people in a purposeful environment
- You enjoy thinking and doing - generating ideas and bringing them alive
- You enjoy taking ownership of your work and shaping projects
- You are passionate about education and creating opportunities for young people
How to apply
Please apply via the Big Education website. Deadline Tuesday 7 January 2020 at 5.00pm. Interviews w/b 13 January 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.