Cycle Saviours is a new social enterprise whose mission is to save unwanted bikes, save the environment and help get people on their bikes. In addition to our work recycling, repairing and servicing bikes we have recently been awarded a large contract to maintain bikes for a new Milton Keynes’ public bike rental scheme and are also expanding our community engagement services to encourage more people to get on their bikes.
Bike Rental Scheme Manager / Cycle Mechanic – Cycle Saviours
Location: Milton Keynes
Job type: Permanent, Full time 37.5 hrs a week (Weekends on rota)
Salary £17,500 - £18,500 pa
You will be an enterprising, environmentally committed, cycling enthusiast with high level cycle mechanic skills who is keen to share those skills with young people and others in our community.
For this post you will need an enhanced DBS check.
The purpose of this post is to be the Scheme Manager for the public bike hire scheme contract and to work with and train young people on our pre-apprenticeship programme to engage with the Cycle Saviours enterprise to:
- service, repair and relocate rental bikes (involves driving a small van)
- source, refurbish and sell unwanted bikes and bike spares and repair and service customer bikes
- develop community activities that promote access to cycling
- Be an enterprising, cycling enthusiast with good cycle maintenance skills
- Ideally hold a cycle maintenance qualification
- Have an ability to, and experience of, working with young people
- A passion for cycling and the environment
- Have strong planning and administrative skills
- Qualifications at level 2 or above in English and Maths
- Strong team work skills and an ability to work constructively with others
- A commitment to the completion of work and to the achievement of targets
- Hold a current driving license
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us.
No agencies please.