The Data Entry/Junior Administrator works with Database Manager to assist with the data entry process and administrative tasks in support of the Graham Tour. This position serves to process and enter information into the Tour database and provide efficient and accurate data processing functions in various areas including: manually sorting information, maintaining and updating records and database, collecting data from field operations and web forms, assist in preparing contact data for project communications, assist in the data analysis of project developments and ensuring accuracy is maintained throughout the process. This position may also be required to assist with additional ad-hoc duties which include, but are not limited to, responding to both internal and external telephone/email enquiries and other administrative duties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer
- Consistently participates in daily BGEA staff devotions
- Demonstrates behaviour aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence
- Communicates effectively with team members and when dealing with people externally
- Phone calling as necessary, to confirm information
- Maintain accuracy and follows procedures when performing functions
- Maintains the protection and confidentiality of records database information in line with current data and privacy laws, including age of consent
- Processes information and/or data entry functions based on requirements needed and as assigned by the Database Manager in ONE OR MORE of the following areas:
- Accurately process and enter data into the database.
- Check databases for data quality and integrity.
- Address database related queries from staff and field team.
- Maintain and adhere to user access and permission levels for database segments.
- Perform administrative duties and assist in gathering information for various reports or Tour needs.
- Report database system problems in a timely manner so that problems, bugs or errors can be resolved.
- Contribute feedback and make recommendation for improvements to be considered for future data processing, setup and/or changes required to the procedures
- Servant Leader: Upholds Christian values with the ability to lead by example and have a heart for service.
- Communication: Strong communication skills; ability to express oneself professionally, both written and verbally when interacting with people internally and externally.
- Teamwork: Ability to work well within a team and individually.
- Proactive: Proactively carry out administrative tasks and support the team where needed.
- Problem Solving: Ability to assess problems and seek to implement solutions.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt quickly to fit with changing conditions, tasks, responsibilities, or people.
- Thorough: Have good attention to detail, with emphasis on communication, time management and accurate record-keeping.
- Multi-task: Ability to multi-task, be well-organised and work well under pressure.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Qualification in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience in working with databases such as Raiser’s Edge or Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to handle multiple interruptions throughout the day
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work under stress and pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to travel to Tour Cities if required.
There is a requirement for the job holder to be a committed Christian and demostrate a personal commitment to the Christian faith.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.