Continuing the lifelong work of Billy Graham, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministry of Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the church and others to do the same.
The Training and Mobilisation Project Manager works with the City Tour Director (CTD) in support of the Graham Tour. The role assists in building and maintaining relationships with churches, church leaders, denominational leaders, and para-church organisations in the assigned region for effective engagement in the Graham Tour. Other functions include, but are not limited to: assisting with church mobilisation and training through the Christian Life and Witness Course (CLWC), assisting with class planning and preparation, assisting in planning local initiatives and participating in church related events and meetings as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates strong evangelical Christian values and behaviour that is reflective of a personal faith in Jesus Christ and of BGEA’s standards, policies, and Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal commitment to evangelism, prayer, and study of the Bible.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the values, vision and mission of the organisation.
- Communicates effectively with team members and when dealing with people externally.
- Implements geo-targeted segmentation of church data for systematic identification and contact of churches.
- Communicates to church leaders the Tour Vision, using approved “talking points” and approved materials for proper engagement with Graham Tour.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with BGEA standards and procedures.
- Implements mobilisation and training strategy, creates training schedule in the city, recruits trainers/facilitators and volunteers, and identifies training locations.
- Mobilises general, ethnic, and youth specific CLWC and events.
- Coordinates with and manages staff and volunteers as needed for the project.
- Mobilises and executes individual meetings with church leaders and draws up detailed plan for the project.
- Provides updated information on CLWC progress for Tour website, provides logistical support to execute all Training Events.
- Works with the National Training Manager on execution of logistics for Counselling and Follow-up Processing Plan.
- Oversees any needed background checks for volunteer counsellors.
- Facilitates data collection and forwards to Database Coordinator for processing.
- Reports weekly on all progress and activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Servant Leader: Upholds Christian values with the ability to lead by example and have a heart for service.
- Communication: Strong communications skills; ability to express oneself professionally, both written and verbally when interacting with people internally and externally.
- Teamwork: Ability to work well within a team and individually.
- Organisational Skills: Ability to effectively prioritise, organise, and manage time effectively.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt quickly to fit with changing conditions, tasks, responsibilities, or people.
- Thoroughness: Have good attention to detail, follow instructions and guidance and implement processes accordingly.
- Relationship Building: Ability to effectively build and manage relationships, engage actively with churches and build networks.
- Reports to City Tour Director
- Coordinates with other staff
- Works closely with other BGEA departments
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor degree in relevant discipline
- Experience in working with databases such as Raiser’s Edge or Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Experience of working with a variety of evangelical church demoninations and/or organisations and having had training as described in the responsibilities
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to travel to Tour cities if required.
- Operating conventional time in the Tour Office environment.
- Maintaining a mobile office environment while meeting with church leaders.
Please note there are two vacancies available
Due to the nature and context of this post the successful candidate will need to be a committed Christian, able to fully commit to our Statement of Faith.
Important Note - This position description is a summary of the responsibilities and accountabilities required for this role. It is important to note that the incumbent in this role may be required to perform other positional related functions as requested by the attending Supervisor or Manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.