The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministries of Billy Graham and Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the Church and others to do the same.
The Event Volunteer Logistics Manager works with the city Tour Director; Assistant Tour Director and London Office Hub Manager supporting the team in preparation for the Graham Tour in 2020. This role serves to provide a high level of administrative assistance, must be highly organised with excellent communication skills and be a good team player. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules is essential in this position. Other skills required for this role include, being resourceful, good problem-solving skills and being self-driven with the ability to complete work in a timely manner which is key in this position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrates Christian values and behaviour that is reflective of the standards, policies and the Statement of Faith established for an employee of BGEA.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the values, vision and mission of the organisation.
- Communicates effectively with team members and when dealing with people externally.
- Provide day to day administrative support in the office for the Graham Tour.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the volunteer recruitment process for the Graham Tour, working with City Directors and the appointed Tour Associates.
- Will oversee physical logistics of:
- Briefing Area
- Check in Area
- Give-A-Way T-shirt area
- Interface on-site with Venue staff – throughout the process and at the event
- Position all materials such as programmes
- Oversee clean up
- Maintains and updates information and records using Microsoft Office suite.
- Maintains accuracy and follows procedures when performing functions.
- Maintains the protection and confidentiality of records and information.
- Work with other FGT administration staff to source suppliers, printing, shirts or other merchandise.
- Respond to general enquiries and volunteer enquiries relating to FGT, including phone calls and email enquiries.
- Servant Leader: Upholds Christian values with the ability to lead by example and have a heart for service.
- Communication: Strong communications skills; ability to express oneself professionally, both written and verbally when interacting with people internally and externally.
- Teamwork: Ability to work well within a team and one on one.
- Proactive: Proactively carry out administrative tasks and support the team where needed.
- Problem Solving: Ability to assess problems and seek to implement solutions.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt quickly to fit with changing conditions, tasks, responsibilities, or people.
- Thorough: Have good attention to detail, with emphasis on communication, time management and accurate record-keeping.
- Multi-task: Ability to multi-task, be well-organized and work well under pressure.
Education and Experience:
- Qualification in related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in working with a variety of Church denominations desirable, but not essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
There is a requirement for the job holder to have a personal commitment to the Christian faith as functions within this role will require knowledge and personal experience of the Christian faith.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.