Are you passionate about the power of communications to create sustainable change?
Do you have experience in creating compelling content, an eye for a great story and social media flair?
There is no time to waste in taking urgent, radical action to tackle the climate and ecological emergency. At Bioregional we’ve been championing sustainable change for 25 years. We’re now looking for an exceptional communications officer who wants to use their creative talents to inspire others to help create a better, more sustainable future.
Experience and responsibilities
Educated to degree level, you’ll have two or three years’ experience in communications, with strong skills in creating shareable content, adapting communications for different audiences and promoting events. An excellent writer, you’ll also know good design when you see it and ideally have experience of using Adobe Spark or Canva.
As part of our friendly and ambitious comms team, and with scope for developing in your role, you will be:
- Helping develop and implement our social media plan across channels including Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram
- Devising and implementing social media campaigns using a variety of content (text, image, video)
- Identifying comms and PR opportunities and advising on comms and marketing strategies for different projects
- Helping create practical sustainability guidance for different audiences
- Supporting the management of our website, including using Google Analytics to monitor performance against social media
- Organising and promoting events and looking for speaking opportunities
- Managing our library of photos and other assets.
Bioregional is an award-winning social enterprise and charity working at the cutting edge of sustainability.
Our ambition is simple. We want to inspire people to live happy, healthy lives within the natural limits of the planet, leaving space for wildlife and wilderness. We call this One Planet Living.
We work with businesses, developers, local authorities and other partners to help them become more sustainable and use stories of success to inspire wider change.
The post is permanent and full-time, and is based at our offices at the iconic BedZED eco-village in South London, on the mainline Victoria and Thameslink train lines.
Salary: between £26,000-£29,000 depending on experience, plus 6% employer’s ethical pension contribution and 25 days annual leave, rising by one day a year up to five years’ service.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.