Are you on a mission to use digital communications to create sustainable change?
Do you have experience in creating successful strategies and compelling content for a range of digital channels?
Salary: between £31,500 to £38,000 depending on experience, plus 6% employer’s ethical pension contribution and 25 days annual leave, rising by one day a year for up to five years’ service.
There is no time to waste in taking urgent, radical action to tackle the climate and ecological emergency. At Bioregional we’ve been championing sustainable change for 25 years using our sustainability framework, One Planet Living®.
We’re now looking for an exceptional digital communications manager who wants to use their skills to inspire others to help create a better, more sustainable future.
Experience and responsibilities
You will already have spent at least three to five years working in communications, with experience in:
- digital strategy development and implementation, as well as creating shareable content across channels eg websites, social media, email marketing
- creating communications and/or marketing strategies based on the needs of different audiences
- providing communications advice and building positive working relationships across teams
- championing user-led content design for websites, including creating user personas and mapping user journeys
You’ll also have a good eye for design and experience managing external designers, as well as ideally knowing how to use Canva or Adobe Spark yourself.
As part of our friendly and ambitious comms team, and with scope for developing in your role, you will be:
- Leading on developing and implementing our digital strategy and engagement, with overall responsibility for managing our website
- Working with our Senior Communications Officer to create compelling content for the website and social media, as well as email newsletters
- Measuring the success of this content against our KPIs and making suggestions for iterative improvements
- Using SEO and Google Ads to drive quality traffic to our website
- Developing our annual content marketing schedule focused on Bioregional’s marketing priorities and managing our blog, including writing and editing content
- Liaising with our network of One Planet Living partners to share their inspiring sustainability stories and ensure brand coherence, including producing their annual progress reports
- Producing marketing and other communications resources, such as our annual review, brochures, insight reports etc
- Acting as an internal ambassador for the power of comms by providing strategic communications advice and training for staff
Bioregional is an award-winning social enterprise and charity working at the cutting edge of sustainability.
Our ambition is simple. We want to inspire people to live happy, healthy lives within the natural limits of the planet, leaving space for wildlife and wilderness. We call this One Planet Living.
We work with businesses, developers, local authorities and other partners to help them tackle the climate and ecological emergency, and use stories of success to inspire wider change.
Due to Covid-19, the role is currently based at home, but we have created a supportive team atmosphere digitally. Usually the role is based at our offices at BedZED eco-village in Hackbridge, South London, which is 30 minutes by train from London Victoria or Blackfriars.
Bioregional is committed to increasing diversity within our organisation, and the environmental sector as a whole. We welcome applications from everyone, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
Deadline for applications: 9am, Monday 17 August
Interviews will be held on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 August. These will be done remotely via Zoom.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.