Bipolar UK is the only national charity working with and supporting individuals affected by bipolar including carers, families and loved ones.
Purpose: The Peer Support Officer role will work within Bipolar UK’s Peer Support Services team to support volunteer facilitators of our national network of support groups across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The role involves remote and some face-to-face support of the group network as well as developing links with other mental health services or appropriate agencies. The position requires good personal interaction and the ability to empathise with people using our services. This is a varied and hands-on role and we are looking for someone with good communication (verbally and written) along with good organisational skills.
The Peer Support Officer reports to the Senior Peer Support Officer - North.
- Act as an initial point of contact with the charity for all enquiries about our Peer Support Groups, especially Wales
- Build and maintain relationships with existing Peer Support Groups and with volunteers expressing interest in facilitating
- Provide practical assistance to volunteers e.g. providing information or resources
- Ensure that all Peer Support Groups comply operationally with Bipolar UK policies and procedures, including safeguarding and data protection
- Contribute to the development and delivery of new formats of group-based peer support in a spirit of co-production
- Help produce our quarterly Group Matters email newsletter and other Peer Support Group communications
- Develop and deliver training sessions to Peer Support Group volunteer facilitators and members, including at regional and national events
- Ability to work flexibly and responsively, responding to urgent requirements
- To ensure the Peer Support Group pages on our website are kept up to date
- Work with community mental health teams and other interested stakeholders to promote the services of the charity
- Act as an advocate for Bipolar UK within your work
To apply: Please see the Application Pack for further information and how to apply
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.