Digital Communications and Campaigns Officer
- Location: Cambridge, UK
- Full time: 35 hours per week
- Contract: Open-ended
- Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 pro rata plus competitive 12% pension benefit
- Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. With a presence in over 110 countries, and over ten million supporters and volunteers, we are often referred to as ‘conservation’s best kept secret’. We want your help to change that.
In this crucial role, which places you at the centre of the newly-restructured Global Communications Team, you will lead on developing the way we engage with the general public through our digital channels.
The postholder’s key responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the conceptualisation and delivery of awareness-raising campaigns;
- Providing support on digital fundraising appeals;
- Working with BirdLife Partners and key stakeholders to identify upcoming events and opportunities, and build engaging messages around them;
- Developing our social media strategy, with particular focus on strengthening the visibility of the BirdLife brand and its programmes;
- Working with the Content & Stories team to identify gaps in our content and opportunities to synergise with ongoing campaigns and priorities;
- As part of the Global Communications Team, input into the development of the next iteration of BirdLife International’s external-facing website
The ideal candidate will have:
• Good general education – ideally a University Degree or equivalent in communications, journalism or marketing
• Fluency in English (additional languages, especially Spanish or French, are an asset)
• Experience in digital communications or marketing with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
• Proven ability to write and deliver effective, audience-focused communications and campaigns
• Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to understand complex policy and scientific issues and to articulate these in an accessible, catchy way - including using story-telling, case studies, illustrations, infographics, videos and social media
• Demonstrable ability to create and follow work plans and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrable ability to react quickly to unforeseen/unplanned communications opportunities
• Flexibility and adaptability (multiple assignments, working under pressure, responsiveness to requests, follow-up of decisions)
• Appreciation of cross-cultural sensitivities with the ability to exercise discretion and show sound judgement
A detailed job description can be found on our website.
Closing date: 31 October 2019
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen.
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held week commencing 11 November 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.