Head of Institutional Fundraising
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: Open-ended
• Salary: circa £40,000-50,000 pro rata plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
Throughout the BirdLife network and across BirdLife division’s Institutional fundraising is key to organisational income generation. While BirdLife has developed very strong relationships with a group of loyal institutional donors, our potential is not fully realised. The Head of will lead the Institutional team, work with internal senior staff and external senior staff at Institutions and Trusts and Foundations to expand the number of donors and steward existing donors. The strategic function of the Institutional team is to provide a substantial income stream for all projects, address the overall management and accountability for BirdLife International to institutional donors and have clear sight of income generated by corporate and individual giving.
The post holder will, among other duties, also be responsible for developing and executing the BirdLife’s global institutional fundraising strategy and targets, writing the annual institutional budget and taking key decisions on applications and reporting measures.
The ideal candidate will
• Have proven experience in high level institutional fundraising role
• Have knowledge of business, accounting, sales, marketing, management and project management
• Be a highly organised effective manager, making decisions that are evidence based and results focussed
• Be capable of communicating and engaging on multiple issues across divisions and cultures, good external communicator working with high level senior staff at Institutions
• Need to be highly intuitive and lead on complex issues requiring creative solutions
Closing date: 07 March 2021
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity.
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.