Contract: Open ended
Hours: Part time, 28 hours per week (0.8 FTE)
We are looking for a psychodynamic Student Counsellor to join our small dedicated and fast paced Counselling Services team within Registry Services.
You will be a member of the Student Counselling team offering time limited, psychodynamic one-to-one counselling via video or face to face. You will participate in the delivery of a wider therapeutic support structure for students, working alongside other university staff to help provide this supportive learning environment.
- Hold a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters in Psychodynamic Counselling/Psychotherapy and have BACP/UKCP accreditation or equivalent.
- Have the proven ability to provide effective assessment and psychodynamic short- term counselling.
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills with proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Offer proven professional experience, able to demonstrate flair, flexibility and self-confidence.
- Have experience of working in a higher education or other institutional setting is desirable.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Team/Organisational Dynamics
- Demonstrate an understanding of the diverse needs of the student population
- Support awareness on student wellness matters and initiatives
Please be aware that successful applicants will be expected to undertake and Enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This is a part time role (28 hours per week) and will involve working 4 days per week: 3 days 9am to 5pm and 1 day 12pm to 8pm (Tuesdays or Thursdays)
Grade 7 of the College's London Pay Scale which is £38,594 rising to £46,583 per annum.
The salary quoted will be pro-rata for this part time post and is on the College's London Pay Scale which includes a consolidated Weighting/Allowance which applies only to staff whose normal contractual place of work is in the Greater London area.
If you would like to know more about the role please click on apply below or contact Susan Whitby, Counselling Service Manager, email can be found on the apply page.
While we are happy to respond to all informal enquiries, only formal applications through the online system will be considered.
Birkbeck offers a competitive salary and pension scheme, 31 days paid leave, flexible working arrangements and some of the most generous benefits in the HE sector, all while being located right in the heart of Central London.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. The College is committed to improving the gender and cultural diversity of its workforce, holding an Athena SWAN award, membership of WISE, operating Disability Confident & Mindful Employer schemes.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, to reflect the diverse representation of the College's community.
CLOSING DATE: 5 February 2021